PDA

View Full Version : Sony distributors

MikeCAT
01-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Anyone know who distributes Sony LCD RP? Or Panasonic?

I've got a customer who is damn near dead set on a Sony 60", and I can't find one anywhere it seems. So it's either find it or lose the sale.

Gary
01-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Have yiu looked at best buy?

MikeCAT
01-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Sure, for price comparison.

I'm looking for a regular wholesale distibutor

Anonymous
01-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Panasonic changed distribution policies on April 1. Coincidence? I think not.

The meat of the changes:

Panasonic audio and video products are now distributed on a regional basis; you can no longer go to your favorite national distributor and be assured of getting the product. As I recall, the herd of distributors was cut by about 90%.

Panasonic changed dealer requirements as well; the purchase requirement for a Panasonic video franchise is rather daunting (the number $500,000 sticks in my mind for some reason or another).

That's about all I'm comfortable talking about in a public place.

Gary
01-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Sure, for price comparison.

I'm looking for a regular wholesale distibutor

On a item where wholesale and the consumer expected selling price are very close to the same, and the item is a deal breaker (like a Sony TV) as long as I'm making good money on the audio and control part of the project, I'll just go get the TV at a local bigbox.

Look there's almost no difference in price... to buy a TV at a bigbox or from a distributer, don't let this stand in the way of closing a profitable job.

lowvoltguy
01-26-2005, 12:24 PM
and to add to what Gary is saying ... If you have a retail sales license (reseller license) some of the "big boxes" will sell it to you where you can make a little profit

flcusat
01-26-2005, 09:10 PM
You can get the Commercial Panasonic through Electrograph and AVAD has the residential.

AudibleSolutions
01-26-2005, 09:47 PM
I should think the best way of obtaining SONY or Marantz or some other restricted brand is to ally yourself with a bricks and mortar company. I hate distribution. It is one of the really big evils in our industry and serves no one's interest save the Rep firms. I would much rather support bricks and Mortar than, well, chose your four letter word, scum sucking prick otherwise know as your rep. I obtain quite a few brands this way including SONY and Bricks and Mortar is protected as he knows that I will handle all warantee issues. Legal? Technically it's transhipping. In point of fact no one is harmed as I am not selling below MAP and usually MSRP. But I rather do business with someone I like than someone I do not.

Alan