PDA

View Full Version : Recommended classes for passing electrician's test?

Theaterworks
02-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping to get in (long story, not as simple as just applying) to take Chicago's electrician exam this year. Is there a recognized organization that offers a class in my area, or nationally? Is there a reference point I can go to in order to locate and rate a class?

OEX
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I have a training library with about 20 DVDs and a few VCR tapes. It cost me around $1800. If your interested let me know

AHEM
02-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Ahhh, Chicago.

Are you also going to have to join the local IBEW or risk having your legs broken?

LarryFine
02-16-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm the wrong guy to ask about training or studying. Just from familiarity with the NEC, Ohm's and Watt's laws, and general math, I managed to eke out a mid-90's grade on my Master's test.

I will admit I studied for the Contractors' test; also mid 90's. Check with the testing authority for study guides and sample tests.

I'm not gragging, just lucky, I guess. :roll:

Theaterworks
02-17-2005, 07:12 AM
No, I'm not joining the IBEW, nor having my legs broken. I just want to legally pull permits for low voltage work in non-union jobs in the city. In addtion, in suburbs that require permits and a liscence, everyone recogonizes the Chicago liscence.