PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Ghost
11-15-2005, 06:08 PM

avophile
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
What kind of bonehead mounts a satellite dish on a coffee table?

Painting it green was a nice touch though.

discipletx
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
there's nothing like a center channel under furniture to make a room sound great :D

Pilgrim
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
The wood frame on the plasma over the fireplace looks a little tacky :wink:

I don't really care for the 'outlet height' inwalls, either.

tomciara
11-15-2005, 06:47 PM
No, that's one of those 42" diagonal imitation plasmas on the coffee table. It's really a piece of fine art. The plasma is over the fireplace.

The8thst
11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
That brings an idea to mind.... is there anyone that does an artistic screening process on good acoustically transparent grill cloth to frame and hide speakers?
I was looking at the 3 pictures hanging on the wall around the display thinking the room would sound pretty good with speakers behind them.

OEX
11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
I hate

a) Recessed light over plasma (Glare)
b) Low speakers
c) Sub on the furniture
d) Barely 1 good seat in the house.

ejfiii
11-15-2005, 08:25 PM
ROFLMAO that HiFi house is my LARGEST competition - the 800 lb gorilla in my backyard - literally. $25m annual sales, 7015 installs in 2004, Lots of high end Crestron work. Yadda yadda yadda.

That was for the largest home tour in the area and they got a TON of publicity for that debacle.

Something is wrong with this world.

AHEM
11-15-2005, 08:54 PM
That room's a shining example of the lowest common denominator attitude that we're up against.

Pick a room, stuff it with a plama and some in-walls and call it a home theater system.

Get the money, take a few pictures, call it a day.

avophile
11-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I was thinking they should have canned the center in-wall, and put custom-built speakers with dark fabric grille cloth in place of the drawers in the table.

AHEM
11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
I was thinking they should have canned the center in-wall, and put custom-built speakers with dark fabric grille cloth in place of the drawers in the table.

From the looks of it, five more pounds might be enough to collapse that table.

lowvoltguy
11-15-2005, 09:39 PM
All the L/C/R speakers are WRONG ... Room looks nice, but speakers are placed wrong ... Good example of a nice looking room with bad speaker placement.

Oh ... That's what everyone said ... My bad :D

avophile
11-15-2005, 09:44 PM
From the looks of it, five more pounds might be enough to collapse that table.

What if we put a paintable grille on the sub, painted some killer California van flame graphics on the front, and put it in the fireplace where the gas log was?

AHEM
11-15-2005, 10:09 PM
That's not a gas log. It's actually a receiver and DVD player that are on fire.

Aha! I've figured out what's REALLY wrong with the picture.

Matt
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Classic.

ericstac
11-16-2005, 07:29 AM
"What's wrong with this picture?"

The photographer did a poor job in selecting lighting.. He used a single soft lamp box instead of dual lamps with reflective umbressas and a third with an absorbant umbrella. Also used a < 1meg camera based on image pixalation..

One good thing though is that sweet "home theater" camoflaged in the living area..

ejfiii
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
E.J., Sorry to here this is in your area.

Brad, I'm not so much as sorry they're in my backyard (literally). I am more sorry that they can pass this work off on the biggest show house in Philly, get a lot of press from it, have tens of thousands of people walk through thinking "so thats how we can hide the speakers" and still do $25m a year in sales.

But you never know - maybe I'll be hitting them up for a job some day.

whdigital
11-16-2005, 10:30 AM
That brings an idea to mind.... is there anyone that does an artistic screening process on good acoustically transparent grill cloth to frame and hide speakers?
I was looking at the 3 pictures hanging on the wall around the display thinking the room would sound pretty good with speakers behind them.

Well, the only thing that comes to mind is Artcoustics http://artcousticusa.com/photogallery.asp

Very nice sound and I believe they will custom screen the cloth for a pretty penny or two...

Anyway, the OP picture is amazing. I can't wrestle down if it's the scarriest system photo I've seen, or just the funniest. I would love to see the rest of that "showcase" home! The best little detail I noticed is that the table the plasma sits on has two small drawers... Very convenient spot to store the 6 or 8 remotes required. I can only assume that if the installers thought lying on the floor was the ideal acoustical "money seat" then unifying the control would be out of the question!

Darren
11-17-2005, 12:31 AM

That is some FUNNT SH!T!!