PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate control system . .

jhildred
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm interested to see if the forum member can help me with a little market research for a friend. We're trying to understand the landscape for control systems in the custom market today - what you use, the strong and weak points of those systems and what's currently missing for your needs. So if you have a few moments to spare it would be great if you could answer the following questions

1 - what control systems do you offer customers currently? This includes everything from full on Crestron, AMX, etc through the various universal remotes down to 'whatever the component manufacturers provide'.

2 - What is the key reason for offering these options to customers? e.g. I offer Crestron for 'whole house systems' and URC for home theater systems. Or something like I use Control4 across the board. You get the idea.

3 - What are the key strengths that make you choose those brands? This could be certain product features, it could their channel support or it could be as simple as that's what folks ask for.

4 - Are there any areas where your preferred systems could be better?

5 - Are there new products or customer needs that aren't being supported by control systems in general?

6 - How could you use a control system to provide you with recurring revenues or services that would profit your business?

Sorry to ask so many questions but this seems to be an ideal cross section of the community to understand what and what could be on the control front.

mr2channel
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Great thread, and good questions, but you may want to post in the verified forum as well, or move this one...I would think you may get more candid feedback than being in the public side of the forum.

just my .02

jhildred
10-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Good point . . I couldn't work out how to move the thread so I've just started a new one there.

rbacci
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Great thread, and good questions, but you may want to post in the verified forum as well, or move this one...I would think you may get more candid feedback than being in the public side of the forum.

just my .02

Mr2channel, I see you found Christina

mr2channel
04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Mr2channel, I see you found Christina

I don't know who she is...but she is hot, and has a great smile... :D

rbacci
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Smile? Oh yes..she is smiling, isn't she.