PDA

View Full Version : HDMI problems...

Ice_Pick
10-21-2008, 03:20 AM
I need a few more brains thinking about this for me.

I've got a room with both a plasma (Panny 58") and a projector (DPI dVision 30)

Both are hooked up to the paralell outputs of a Lumagen RadianceXD.

Plasma seems to work fine, in all circumstances.

Problems is the projector, only gets video if the plasma is powered on. The screen does drop directly in front of the plasma, so the client will likely never notice...but I'd rather not have the heat buildup on the back of the screen...also the hours/energy consumption are a bummer.

I can always get the on-screen/setup menu from the Lumagen. but I can only watch the video source if the plasma is powered up.

I assume its a stupid HDCP problem...but I don't know how to confirm that. Or more importantly get around it! (the projector does claim to be HDCP compliant)

Thoughts?

The rest of the food-chain for what it's worth (all sources having same issues):

Video sources: K-scape, HR-21 and CCTV, through Key-digital YPrPb/RGBHV transcoder, then through an Extron RGBHV switch, then into a CSI 7220/7221 Fiber TX/RX pair, then into an Integra DTC-9.8 (transcoded to HDMI, but not scaled), then into the Lumagen, then to each display via HDMI. oh yeah, the projector is using the 4-fiber + 1-cat5 HDMI (http://www.digitalextender.com/detail.aspx?ID=14)

Brentm
10-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Ice-Pick:
Did I talk with you about this last night?
If not it was someone with the same issue (except that they were using the Gefen HDMI splitter).

While an HDCP issue may be causing the lack of Video to the PJ, it is not the reason that you are having this problem.
Please call this today so that we may discuss this (also I will call Lumagen to get their input on their dual out HDMI).

Ice_Pick
01-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Sorry for the delay in the update...

Turns out that the HDMI fiber extender unit was faulty...we had a 100ft copper cable, that I brought out for testing, and it turned out to be long enough to install it...so we did.

ripped out the HDX and said goodbye to the problems.

Brent, Thanks again for the help.