PDA

View Full Version : Worst work injuries...

Toronto122
02-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I have had some amazing work accidents, but none as good as my friend who was cutting wood on a table saw and the wood kicked back, broke off, and did this to him.

That's his right thigh where the piece of wood is poking the skin out.

A photo of a photo is the best I could come up with...

Got any good ones?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/VolvoR/Picture_438.jpg

Shadowman68
02-14-2005, 01:08 PM
When I was 16 I was working for a guy making 14 and 18 foot sail boats. I was cutting up some wood of the table saw and my boss came up behind me and slapped me on the shoulder just as I was running a small piece through. My hand slipped off the board and I cut the tip of my thumb off. I didnt lose any bone, just about a quarter inch off the tip and side of my thumb. The boss felt pretty bad.

I was also at job site a couple of months ago, the guy was using an air nailer, it was damn cold out and the air stuck on the trigger, he was kneeling on the ground tacking in the base of a wall, and the gun took off, kept bouncing, and shooting. He ended up shooting 2 nails through is hand and into the 2x4. Then had to cut the portion of the wall out and he went to the hospital with 2 foot section of the board still nailed to his hand.

rhm9
02-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Guess that makes my 1 1/2 inch splinter through the thumbnail and into the joint look pretty wimpy...

I bow to your injured buddy... his is definitely worse than anything I've ever suffered.

Glackowitz
02-17-2005, 12:28 PM
About 10 years ago at a job site next to the one I was on, another AV dealer was doing an install. The Stair guys came in and removed the Temp stairs to begin the Final ones, the AV guy was upstairs setting up the home theater and decided to bring the empty boxes down, well there were no stairs that were there an hour before and he took the step and fell......on to a sawhorse below, he stratled it and did some serious injury to the groin area, the Stair guys were fined several thousand $$, the installer was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and can never have kids( broken parts removed and implants installed) and was out of workl for several months

Point of the story is...Watch yor step and know your surroundings

Glack

MikeTech
02-17-2005, 01:04 PM
OUCH!!!! My stomach was turning reading that last one!

Toronto122
02-17-2005, 05:17 PM
squeek 8O

Shadowman68
02-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Im not sure if you can classify this as a work related injury or just work related stupidity.
My best friend works for an aluminum extrusion company, he works in the custom fab shop and right next to his shop is the saw line. This is where the freshly pressed pieces come out and are cut to length. About a year or so ago, one of the guys in the fab shop thought he would be funny and snuck up behind one of the guys on the saw and took an air nozzle and crammed it up the other guys butt and gave a quick blast of air. That quick blast of air literally caused this poor bastards rectum to explode. They rushed him to the hospital and luckily got him there before he bled to death. He spent the next month in the hospital and the next 3 months at home recovering. When the OHS guys and the managers asked what had happened the guy said that he sat on the air hose and it went off. So 4 months at home had given him lots of time to think about revenge. The very day he got back to work, the dumb ass that gave him the blast of air, came up to him to apologize. He stuck out his hand to shake the other guys, the victim smiled and grabbed his hand and shook and with the other he pulled out a ballpeen hammer and proceeded to smash the guy in the mouth. The blow from the hammer hit the guy right below the nose and the impact broke off the top row of teeth. My buddy said it wasnt just a couple of front teeth, he said it was like the guy spit out his top set of dentures. Now apparently there is nothing that can be done to put his teeth back and because there are no gums left the guy cant even get dentures. Both guys were fired on the spot, and from what I understand both have assault charges pending plus criminal law suits against each other.

MikeTech
02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Damn! Now thats a story! I cringe thinking about both of those injuries!