PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo line have discrete codes across most of the line?

Kelly
02-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Looking at Onkyo web site and it would seem that most of the mid level and up items have discretes. Anyone know for sure?

I use Newcastle which has discretes on the A/V receivers, but they don't on the CD players and DVD players.

Any good CD file players and DVD file players that have discretes? At least discrete power?

Fastfred
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Ken

I've got mainstream 6 disc at home, and hitting play when unit is in standby powers up and plays.

(model dxc390)

Wouldn't that protocal hold for integra line, too?

Jerry
02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
By file you mean more than 5 or 6 discs?
Then, Sony & Pioneer have discretes.

vwpower44
02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Hamon CD-player has soft start with discretes. Sony 5-disc DVD-player, play will turn on, then power to turn off. Denon 5-discs DVD's also have the play/power on discretes.

Mike

SysDsgnMan
02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Kelly,

I can't speak for Onkyo, but the Integra Line has discretes for all of their DVD players and 6-Disc CD Changer. RS-232 as well on all units. Like the stuff alot.

Andy

roddymcg
02-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Onkyo is actually pretty good with discretes, not to big on the product line though. Their receiver's sound okay, I think the set up is a little odd, did not seem to be very intuitive. Their DVD's look nice, discrete power and seperate disc selection. For the multiroom u have to use macros, but at least they work with something like a Pronto. We had a back of bad products early last year, a receiver and DVD player from the same job. No issues since then that I am aware of.

Roddy

Toronto122
03-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Kelly,

I can't speak for Onkyo, but the Integra Line has discretes for all of their DVD players and 6-Disc CD Changer. RS-232 as well on all units. Like the stuff alot.

Andy

I can speak for Onkyo and Integra...same basic software. Pretty much discrete across the board. VERY easy to use!