View Full Version : Wireguard

Ghost
02-26-2005, 11:09 PM

LarryFine
02-26-2005, 11:57 PM
I like it!!! :D

MikeCAT
02-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Man, those are pretty sweet! I've always taped business cards over j-boxes, but they don't do anything to protect from a Rotozip. Reasonable price too!!

Thanks Brad.

Mike

Shadowman68
02-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Very ingenius. This guy is going to make a fortune.
I always use mudrings for installs, and since there is no backing I ziptie the wire to the folding flanges to keep it in place. I dont know how many times I have come back to a job to find the wire have been hewn by some no-mind. Either that or there is 8 lbs. of dried mud jammed in the hole.

ejfiii
02-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Holy crap, I hope he sells them in cases of 100. My only concern is that the electrician or drywaller would steal them from my orange boxes. Hmmmmmm.

Great find, thanks Brad.

Jerry
02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Brad,
Could you flip these and mount them so that they stick out of the box the extra 3/8-1/2"?
Reason being, then the drywallers surely wont bury the box.

Jerry
02-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Good Eye Brad!

Cool product, probably more functional than anything Control 4 has.

ejfiii
06-09-2005, 08:01 PM
One ironic thing: On the house I tested these out in, I used them in just a few single gang locations (only had a couple). My box above the fireplace (which didn't have one), the sheetrocker butchered my Keydigital HDMI cable with his Rotozip (no-way to rerun another either). Oh well, the customer still has component video & some other cables I ran.
I think I'm going to order a bunch of plates; if for nothing else, to protect boxes that have pre-made cables in it (like that HDMI).

That is a recurring nightmare I have.

So I assume you would still recommend them?

PAAI
06-09-2005, 09:47 PM
They worked great for me. Thanks to all for the link. Just be very careful on plaster walls or skin coat walls! Yep, they Rust like a bIT(H here too. I wrote my name and number on all of mine.