PDA

View Full Version : help with GE Interlogix NX-8E integration with crestron

almostinverted
04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi all.

I've got a system that I am using an nx-8e on for the first time. I am having a great deal of trouble getting the thing to communicate, even with the ge dl900 software.

Could someone give me some hints or tricks for the nx-8e 232?

system is an av2, module rev 3, not sure what the ge firmware is, since I cant seem to talk to it.

Thanks.

idodishez
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
This is probably not going to do you any good, but its something I have for using the same panel. Im using it w a Homelogic system, but the 232 notes MAY help if its more than you already have.

I havent installed it yet, so I have no first hand knowledge, only what is on the pdf.

http://homelogic.com/pdfs/notes/security/ge_nx-8e.pdf

smcnally
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Check the RS232 connector at the alarm panel. they will go on backwards (and usually are installed backwards). I have done probably 15 systems with the NX-8e and had no issues. But, one thing we've been doing recently that has help a LOT is to use the NX-587E virtual keypad from GE to send and recieve all keypad commands. Then use the normal module to report all zone status. If you still have issues, shoot me an e-mail at smcnally at hsda dot com and I will double check my programs. It is VERY straight forward and works very well. If you poll it too often though it will lock up.