PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Laptops

Anonymous
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Anybody out there with a Toshiba Laptop have problems with it freezing up on a regular basis?
This just started happening to me about a month ago. The only thing of consequece that I have downloaded is Quotewerks and AVSnap and my online poker.
I have run a virus scan with norton 04 the only thing it found were 2 apps of spyware.
I cant figure out why it keeps crashing.

Toshiba A70 KM2

Thanks

Shadowman68
03-03-2005, 10:54 PM
the above post was by me.

MikeTech
03-03-2005, 11:03 PM
My Toshiba just crapped out on me about a month ago. Out of nowhere it just started turning off after a few minutes or so. The last software i put on it was pc anywhere and within a week it was done(i dont thin that was the problem though) I had it checked by a couple people who said there was a major hardware problem with it and its gotta go back to Toshiba. Ive been putting it off, but definitely will be sending back soon.

Shadowman68
03-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Guess I should check out the website and see if there are any recalls. Send a letter to tech support as well.

Shadowman68
03-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Check this out.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=950322

MikeTech
03-04-2005, 12:05 AM
I think they listed every mode lbut mine.

Ghost
03-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I've got a Satellite 5205-S503
(2GHz Pentium4, 512MB, 40GB HDD, DVD-ROM/CD-RW, NVIDIA GeForce4 460 32MB DDR, 15" SXGA, ect...)
I've had it for 2.2 years. The DVD-ROM has always had a little problem reading burned discs sometimes, but other than that it's been perfect.
The 'Service Pack 2' update for XP I think screwed my internal network card up. It refreshes the connection every 10 seconds causing me not to be able to download anything that takes more than 10 secs. It doesn't do it all the time. I need to redue my computer again and not load SP2 this time (I've heard a lot of people having problems with it)

I use the restore discs that come with Toshiba laptops, every 9-12 months (reformats the hard drive and reloads all the OEM stuff). Pain in the ass (takes 2-3 days to load all my files, software, settings back on the laptop) but it keeps everything running smooth.
I use a hardware firewall, the latest Norton's AntiVirus (currently 2005), and no messaging software allowed (or anything else not related to business or media).

Shadowman68
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I took the POS into the Toshiba Service Dept today, it is a problem with the machine, Something in the palm rests. Slight pressure on the palm rest after it wakes up or turns on, causes it to freeze or reboot suddenly. They ordered the parts for me, Gotta love warranty.
They are also replacing the battery, N/C. I have about a 45min standby.
I still cant figure out what is wrong with my outlook. Yesterday I tried moving some emails to a folder and outlook froze up. Now I can download my mail and look at them, but I cant delete or move them.
Im getting norton 05 today. Apparently is has some cool anti spyware features.

ejfiii
03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Shadow, MS has a new spyware program that has been good for me. I don't trust norton for that, nor do I trust MS (solely). I use MS all the time (it runs in the background), then weekly I run spybot and Adaware. Those are two of the standard anti spyware and I always find something. Its amazing really.

Good luck with your fixed computer. I have a mini panasonic toughbook and I freakin' love it. And I am a computer junkie and have tried them all (Sony, Dell, Gateway, IBM, Toshiba)...