PDA

View Full Version : Denon HDMI output

Darren
05-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Anyone else here having issues with the new Denon AVR's with HDMI Up-Conversion?

Last install was understandable. Using new Denon AVR-2807 with clients three year old Toshiba RPTV and same age Panasonic DVD. Call to Denon techies stated that both older components using HDMI 1.0v - not HDCP handshaking with Denon.

Same issue, however, with the previous install with a new Denon AVR-3806 distributed via HDMI to new Mits HC3000 PJ and Sharp 26" LCD monitor. HDMI cables from RAM.

Ready to dump Denon and move to Integra or B&K.

Suggestions?

djnorm
05-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Ready to dump Denon and move to Integra or B&K.

Suggestions?
This is the only part of your post I can comment on.

Good idea.

'nuf said.

(we've never liked Denon around these parts, so I guess I'm biased.)

The8thst
05-21-2006, 08:56 AM
This is the only part of your post I can comment on.

Good idea.

'nuf said.

(we've never liked Denon around these parts, so I guess I'm biased.)

I haven't had much experience with Denon, but with Integra and B&K as options why give Denon a second thought? I use Integra and B&K on just about every job I do.

roddymcg
05-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Recent project had a Denon AVR 2807, Elite DV- 79i, HD TiVo, and a 61" Elite display. Works fine, there is a little delay when intialially getting the picture, which make me nervous each and every time. But each and every time it works. Usuing AudioQuest HDMI cables.

What do you guys use for HDMI switching when using B & K ?? I personally love B & K products, just picked up the line and I am waiting for my opening order to come in:p .

Darren
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I haven't had much experience with Denon, but with Integra and B&K as options why give Denon a second thought? I use Integra and B&K on just about every job I do.

From which distributor(s) are you receiving the Integra and B&K lines?

The8thst
05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
We are direct with both manufacturers.

I am still anti-HDMI. It makes me too nervous and I haven't seen enough difference in pq when comparing HDMI to component to make me want to deal with the possible headaches. But, if I were to use HDMI I usually have a DVDO iScan VP30 in the media racks (the salesman swears by these things and they have been stable).

Gary
05-21-2006, 10:12 PM
From which distributor(s) are you receiving the Integra and B&K lines?

B&K is direct only, Bob McGee is your (our) rep. If you drive a big white pick-up with the Cinema at Home logo on it, you nearly ran me off I-35 a couple of months ago.

Integra is also direct, that #*&#* Tim Childers is the rep.

Slow down.:p

ejfiii
05-21-2006, 10:28 PM
If you drive a big white pick-up with the Cinema at Home logo on it, you nearly ran me off I-35 a couple of months ago.

That is some funny shit.

Darren
05-22-2006, 01:17 AM
B&K is direct only, Bob McGee is your (our) rep. If you drive a big white pick-up with the Cinema at Home logo on it, you nearly ran me off I-35 a couple of months ago.

DAMN! That was you? That was some funny gesture you was waving at me! ;) ... that or your hand was cramping.

Pilgrim
05-22-2006, 01:24 AM

What did Tim do to upset you?

Or should I ask:o

Darren
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM

Actually, I do not recall the incident. I thought only my wife was offended by my driving... maybe she has been right all this time!

nah.

Gary
05-22-2006, 10:45 PM

Ask me at CEDIA, I have a few funny stories about Tim, but none that will ever make it into print.

Gary
05-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Actually, I do not recall the incident. I thought only my wife was offended by my driving... maybe she has been right all this time!

nah.

Don't feel bad, my wife won't let me put our logo on my truck due to my driving.

On this particular drive I made it from Cottonwood Falls, KS to Columbia in just under four hours.

AudibleSolutions
06-07-2006, 06:30 AM
If you drive a big white pick-up with the Cinema at Home logo on it, you nearly ran me off I-35 a couple of months ago.

Oughtn't he to earn Senior Loyal member status solely for that single action?

Alan