PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Comments

CCD
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Is it bad form to comment on the pics in the gallery or is everyone just trying to be polite? I asked about a pic that had the center in ceiling and I got the explaination that the cabinet guy and customer were at fault and I don't think anyone's feeling were hurt. I would want someone to ask me rather than think I was an idiot for doing something that was unorthodox. I would have expected some feedback on some of the pics I posted like something was crooked or why the heck did you do it that way for.
Another question: Is the gallery visible to non-verified members? Some clients may not want pics of their houses/systems for all to see no matter whether they are identified or not.

ATOH
05-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I wasn't offended at all CCD, and I did learn from that project to supervise things like that the next time! :-) I guess not everyone believes that the drawings of the project represent the finished project. See what happens when you assume that they do? LOL

CCD
05-21-2006, 07:03 PM
My point is that no one seems to have the stones to criticize another members gallery posts. I also wanted to point out exactly that. We had a friendly discussion about the pics and no one got bent out of shape over it. How beneficial is the gallery if we do not point out problems or better yet praise when we see remarkable things. No one seems to use the ratings/rankings feature. I do not want to be the goofball dumbass that is the only one commenting in the gallery.

avophile
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
My point is that no one seems to have the stones to criticize another members gallery posts. I also wanted to point out exactly that. We had a friendly discussion about the pics and no one got bent out of shape over it. How beneficial is the gallery if we do not point out problems or better yet praise when we see remarkable things. No one seems to use the ratings/rankings feature. I do not want to be the goofball dumbass that is the only one commenting in the gallery.

That's the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

Kidding.

CCD
05-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I mean criticize the pics in the gallery not my posts. I will take major offense to criticism of my posts. JK, but you did have me going until I scrolled down.

CCD
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
We use to post a pic(s) of an install we had done (or someone else) in a thread, then have a discussion about it. That was fun - lots of different criticisms and comments, and I think productive.

Wonder why we all stopped???
That is pretty much exactly what I meant Brad. I assume no one is going to get hurt feelings over the criticism. I mostly had positive comments to post but I did not want to break some unwritten protocol. Do I have to get this party started? Or you guys can start by posting a comment like " Do you sell anything other than plasmas?"

krasmuzik
05-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah did you see how sloppy EJ's rack was - he had fingerprints on the amps! :D

ejfiii
05-24-2006, 06:09 AM
he had fingerprints on the amps! :D

Ha! Thats nothing. Every morning when I get to work (since I don't work retail I'm usually the first or second guy in the shop) I have to wipe off the numerous fingerprints from the 15 inch Sharp LCD TV in the rack. Note that there are ALWAYS more fingerprints on the TV than on the 12 inch Crestron touchpanel right next to it. LMAO!

krasmuzik
05-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Better start advertising - white glove installs - we leave no fingerprints! Infocus just changed their casing to a shiny black one - and now I bring a can of Costco foam spray cleaner so I can get rid of the evidence!

CCD
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah did you see how sloppy EJ's rack was - he had fingerprints on the amps! :D
Every good RACK has a few fingerprints on it if it has been anywhere near me!
I can't resist putting my hands on a good rack. No way am I wearing gloves.