PDA

View Full Version : analof audio and ip video out of sync

idodishez
06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Somewhat related to Metro.....'s thread....

Is there a way to "sync" audio and video when they are dstributed in different ways?

Im not sure how the Crestron stuff works, etc. But I am working on a Homelogic ip based system. (This is all for play for now, just experimenting).
I know some on here are familiar w Homelogic, but would think the solution would be the same as any other ip based system.

OK, heres what Im trying to do. I have the homelogic system hooked up to a Russound CAV6.6 system. Two of the 6 sources are Dish Network. One of the 6 main zones is the main room of the house, and has an ip based WInCE touchpanel installed, that controls all the house systems, including the audio zone for that room. (No Uno S2 keypad in that room, the H/L TP emulates the S2) The Homelogic system has the ability to display a video image on the panel, over ip (not coming in via composite). Im using a Netgator 60 to convert the analog video to ip. http://www.darimmedia.com/products/ng_50.php

HomeLogic typically uses this for a "DVD Preview" so you queue (sp?) up the DVD movie w a touchpad, while not effecting what is currently being displayed on the main Theatre display. http://homelogic.com/theater.html

I have also added the 2 satellite tuners to the Netgator60 (it has 4 inputs) so I can also see the satellite VIDEO feeds on the ip based touchpanels. Obvisouly you wouldnt watch TV planted in front of a TP. My reason for trying this was for when Fox News, etc (NOT CNN:)) is being played over the audio system, (and a particular news story catches your attention that needs "viewed") the in wall TP could also double as a video display. (This job in particular doesnt have a TV in the main room w the TP, its more of a formal "great" room) It will also be nice to set DVR recordings when away from home, as long as there is access to the internet. Like a few weeks ago when I wanted to set the DVR to record Bush's immigraton speech. (Just for Alan:) )

Everything is working as far as audio and video, the analog audio and ip video is out of sync. (as you might have guessed) Is there a way to correct this? Buffer somehow? I didnt even pay attention, but Im assuming the video is lagging behind the audio (not vise versa) so I guess the buffer idea wouldnt work.

Is this a lost cause?

How's this for straying from Gary and Coach's "cookie cutter" business models? :)

and no, this is not a normal cust pay job Im "experimenting" on.

Thanks