PDA

View Full Version : Sonance Navigator Video Matrix

Gary
03-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Has anyone used this piece? Any feedback.

Gary
03-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Anyone?

Gary
03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
OK, I bought one of these to play with, anyone want some feedback on how it works?

sirroundsound
03-10-2005, 10:12 PM
sure, how does it work, connections? It's an expensive keypad, but they claim it does it all. Does it? I/R? R/F? RS232? relay? tell me, tell me........

It's also supposed to be "customizable" how far can you go with that? from the pictures I have seen, looks like the touch pad is pretty basic..

Gary
03-10-2005, 10:22 PM
The Sonance Navigator Video Matrix is a 8x8 matrix video switcher. Very much like the PVID in sends component, svideo, and composite video over a single cat-5. It supports up to 1080i, and is rs232 controllable.

sirroundsound
03-10-2005, 10:27 PM
sorry, I was looking at the sonance navigator keypads, should have paid attention to the full name. THat sounds interesting, I have been using Geffen and Audio Control to send signals over Cat5, certainly the way things are going.

OEX
03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
i'll bite. give up somedetails. what are you using to distribute the audio with the video?

Gary
03-12-2005, 05:19 PM
i'll bite. give up somedetails. what are you using to distribute the audio with the video?

I havn't used the peice yet, right now we are using the PVID for component video, but this thing is half the price.

For the audio we use either the Pad8 or mostly B&K CT600s.

After I play with it a litte, I'll report back how is works.

sirroundsound
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
So, any verdict yet? I just had a "client" spec sheet dropped on my desk, one item he wants - video/audio distribution via Cat6, 4 zones with 4 dist. video HD/and audio points in each zone. Switching matrix for 6 video sources.
Someone else is obviously talking with him, he also included potential suppliers Audio Authority, Crestron and Sonance.

Gary
03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
So, any verdict yet? I just had a "client" spec sheet dropped on my desk, one item he wants - video/audio distribution via Cat6, 4 zones with 4 dist. video HD/and audio points in each zone. Switching matrix for 6 video sources.
Someone else is obviously talking with him, he also included potential suppliers Audio Authority, Crestron and Sonance.

I've got the unit in, I'll know something by early next week. Looks promising and at $2600 retail it's a steal.

Gary
03-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok, I played with this a little today, and early indications are very good and serial protocol won't make Alan's head hurt. :lol:

ejfiii
03-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow, that thing looks pretty cool. I have also been using the Audio Control Cat5 stuff. I am meeting with the Sim2 rep in the next couple of weeks and he also does Sonance. I have been interested in the keypads, and now am even more interesting.

Keep us updated.

idodishez
01-02-2006, 02:32 AM

I havn't used the peice yet, right now we are using the PVID for component video, but this thing is half the price.

Gary. just curious why you use seperate components/manufacturers for video and audio, verses using a single chassis like the S12, or whatever Crestron makes in a single chassis/unit. Cost? Performance? Programming?

The8thst
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM

Gary. just curious why you use seperate components/manufacturers for video and audio, verses using a single chassis like the S12, or whatever Crestron makes in a single chassis/unit. Cost? Performance? Programming? You like really tall equipment racks?

Probably because of all the flexibility in the CT600 unit itself and the fact that they remain pretty damn stable once they are set up. Oh, and they sound fantastic as well. Orrrr.... he really likes 9 lb 1/2" thick solid metal faceplate they put on the rackmount versions.

Gary
01-03-2006, 09:20 PM
You like really tall equipment racks?

Yes.

Probably because of all the flexibility in the CT600 unit itself and the fact that they remain pretty damn stable once they are set up. Oh, and they sound fantastic as well.

Yes.

Orrrr.... he really likes 9 lb 1/2" thick solid metal faceplate they put on the rackmount versions.

I'd like it better if it were an even number of rack spaces tall. Can't wait for the HD6.

The8thst
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
You like really tall equipment racks?

Yes.

Probably because of all the flexibility in the CT600 unit itself and the fact that they remain pretty damn stable once they are set up. Oh, and they sound fantastic as well.

Yes.

Orrrr.... he really likes 9 lb 1/2" thick solid metal faceplate they put on the rackmount versions.

I'd like it better if it were an even number of rack spaces tall. Can't wait for the HD6.

At least it fills up all 5 rack spaces insead of being 4.5 or 5.5 or some absurd fraction.

Oh, and when are we getting a nice spell check button next to the submit one at the bottom of the page?

Gary
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh, and when are we getting a nice spell check button next to the submit one at the bottom of the page?

Tuesday after never. :P

fluid-druid
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Here's another option, which I'm now using for when I only need 4 zones of output:

Neothings or KeyDigital 8x4 matrix. These do both component video AND coax digital.

Muxlab or AudioControl video-over-cat5e solution. Again, most of these now have component video AND coax digital ... over a single piece of cat5

Just another option which will work for some of you.