PDA

View Full Version : Sonance IPOD question.

Brijaws
03-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I have a client who wants local IPOD players for there kids rooms. The currently have local VCs for some Local inwalls - Can i use the IPOD DOC with some kinda IN WALL Amplified VC? Keeping it all stand alone and self contained? I ran Line Level to my head end incase they wanted to get another source to the room (in which i would use an In wall selector)...

any experiance...?

AHEM
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
How about using a little utility amp such as.............

http://www.audioplex.com/AutoAmp15.htm ?

Scottedge
03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
you could use abus russound A-LC2 with the line level overide.
http://www.russound.com/abus_overview.htm. But it may just be better for them to each get their own docking amplifified speaker system. Comes with a built in remote and everything. I hate that you have to plug in the navipod into the ipod to work with the sonance. I have an ipod and a navipod. I used it for a week then it became a pain to plug in all the time. Klipsch just came out with an ipod dock. http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907 but the speakers are ugly I think. I may be able to get these for you if interested. But it is a maybe because of how Klipsch works.

tomciara
03-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Who has used the iPod dock, and how flexible, viable is it? If i woks then we well have a real unusual option to offer to our clients. I had one ask toda about connecting his IPOD to his system.

How about control?

I just got an iPod2car so I can press my CD, skip, search buttons on the car stereo and control my iPod.

Always looking for new options for clients.

Ghost
03-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I just got an iPod2car so I can press my CD, skip, search buttons on the car stereo and control my iPod.
Alpine has got a neat iPod adaptor (KCA-420i) that allows you to plug your iPod or iPod mini into the car - it charges the iPod & puts all the control & display on the Alpine head unit thru Alpine's AiNet bus. It's like adding a hard drive to your stereo, you don't have to see the iPod at all and can be hidden away (center console, glove box, ect..)

I read somewhere last year about the control & data protocols for all these iPod type devices were going to be standardized, so you could plug any of them into any system and get control & feedback. I guess manufactures are moving slow to implement this into their products.
For some of the whole house distribution companies I can understand why - thay have hard drive systems that cost many more times what these little machines do they want to make money on (prioritize). Sure most of them do much more as well, but you can't ignore the value & simplicity of the portable units.

Looking at it from a customers view - how cool would it be to come home and plug your portable into your house and access the music anywhere with the power of the home system. Get back in your car and plug it in there. Get back to work and plug it into your PC or desktop sound system or just use it with your headphones as your doing manual labor. Get back home in the evening, plug it back into the house again, maybe download some new songs to the mainframe that you picked up today. Kids upload some playlists they just made from the mainframe on to thier portables and they're off doing something (hopefully yard work, right :lol: ).
Ahhh, the future. Will it ever get here?

Scottedge
03-27-2005, 07:06 PM
yes it will but it won't be what you thought it would :).