PDA

View Full Version : Escient issues... DVDM100 and E2-120

The8thst
01-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Just finishing up a job where we have the Fireball CD management system E120 with the newest software making it part of the new E2 line (added more computer connectivity and FLAC lossless compression) and the DVDM DVD management box.

The DVDM is just a note for other installers... after spending a few hours trying to make the IR codes I downloaded straight from Escient's website and found out the solution. So for those of you that will be installing one of these (this applies to the fireball as well) the rear IR input does NOT work.
Using the rear input the discrete power commands wouldn't work at all and the left and right navigation codes wouldn't work either. Just for fun I put an emitter on the front of the box and everything WORKED perfectly.

The question I have is for the E120 with the new software (making it the same as the new E2-300 with a smaller HD) there are NO discrete power commands listed for this and the old ones won't work. Does anyone have the new ones? I have a feeling it is a stacked command for some reason, like a Shift+Guide or something?...... Escient Issues......

Gary
01-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I was told by Escient that they changed the software so that any command would ring it out of standby. This seems to work with rs232, I very seldom use IR with it, so you'll need to verify this own your own.

The8thst
01-29-2005, 11:27 AM
In this system I am using 2 B&K CT600's for most of the IR routing, so 232 is convoluted to add for just the fireball. I am using it to control two plasma displays, but that is done through RTI products... It would be a much easier solution in this system to use IR for the Fireball.

I tried sending commands via IR to the unit when it was in standby and they did not wake it up. The only thing I could get to wake it up was the toggle Power command in the library from escient.

The other weird thing is how they let you change the IR codes to the codesets of their older products (tunebase, replay, etc) instead of the FB1 FB2 etc that they use with the DVDM.
I forget... does the Tunebase have discrete power commands? That could be an easy fix... just revert the current product with brand new software to their antiquated codeset from their old products.

DDeca
01-31-2005, 10:14 PM
The DVDM is just a note for other installers... after spending a few hours trying to make the IR codes I downloaded straight from Escient's website and found out the solution. So for those of you that will be installing one of these (this applies to the fireball as well) the rear IR input does NOT work.
Escient Issues......

That's weird. I have an E120 with an MX-850 RF base station running into the rear IR jack and it works great. I used the codes in the MXEditor database.

Gary
02-12-2005, 10:26 AM
To follow up on this, last week we put in a DVD-M100 and a E120. We used an RTI T2+ with an RP6 and RM422.

I had no problem using the E120 with a mono cable connected directly to the RP6 but the discretes did not work.

The DVD-M was close to imposable to use with the rear jack, with the IR port tuned up past half way, it would not work at all, turned almost all the way down I could get it to work intermediately.

I ended up putting an emitter on the front of the unit and everything worked great.