PDA

View Full Version : MX-3000 problems, anyone else havin em?

lunartech
03-08-2005, 09:02 PM
I have spent the entire day troubleshooting two MX-3000's that dont seem to work. I have the updated software and active sync is working (which was the first problem I was having) but after finally getting the software and protocols straightened out I was having trouble getting the software to even learn the codes then when it did learn them they would not actually work consistently. I tried going to basic basic mode, one page, one button just to turn the DVD player on and off, it would turn the player on (after a 2.5 second press and hold) but it would not turn it back off consistently (it worked twice of about ten button presses). Same story on both remotes. Even after I got the software thing straightened out sometimes while learning a code the remote would just reboot and the software would hang on an escapeless window (press cancel and it greys out but the window would not close) All batteries in the host remotes were new, the hosts worked their respective equipment just fine, I relocated the emitters all over the place, relocated the base unit, factory defaulted the 3000's, put in a UI with no graphics, and a whole host of other things, this n that, that n this sort of things. Normally I would not hesitate to say BAD REMOTE! Need a new one, but I have two new ones, both have different firmware version dates so I know they could not be in the same factory run.

Has anyone else been having any problems like this? I am just about crazy with frustration at this. Tech support was a total a--h--e, had no clue what I was talking about, I eventually hung up on him.

Jerry
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Sounds like you found the wrong tech support guy.

Did you try sending just IR or RF?
Once you get IR to work then route your RF.

I also had some issues a while back learning some commands on a panny DMR.

I can't remember how I resolved them though.

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Lunar,
I have Eric Johnsons cell #, He is the VP of R&D for URC. If he cant help you, your buggered. I would first suggest though to double check your programming through the emulator, and make sure all your rf receivers are clear of any ambient signals. make sure the unit is switched from the "0" ID on the bottom and you have a good charge on the bat. Also if you have more than 3 mrf 300's throughout the house you need a bigger pwr supply. same 9v but higher ma. Also try tweaking the gain on the IR outputs.
if your still having problems email me and I will give you his #.

AudibleSolutions
03-18-2005, 05:53 PM
If you are using that software abortion, " Orian " to program your MX-3000 that is your problem. They do make great remotes over at URC but some of the programming software is buggy. The MX-600/700 software is great.

Alan

Gary
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I have spent the entire day troubleshooting two MX-3000's that dont seem to work. I have the updated software and active sync is working (which was the first problem I was having) but after finally getting the software and protocols straightened out I was having trouble getting the software to even learn the codes then when it did learn them they would not actually work consistently. I tried going to basic basic mode, one page, one button just to turn the DVD player on and off, it would turn the player on (after a 2.5 second press and hold) but it would not turn it back off consistently (it worked twice of about ten button presses). Same story on both remotes. Even after I got the software thing straightened out sometimes while learning a code the remote would just reboot and the software would hang on an escapeless window (press cancel and it greys out but the window would not close) All batteries in the host remotes were new, the hosts worked their respective equipment just fine, I relocated the emitters all over the place, relocated the base unit, factory defaulted the 3000's, put in a UI with no graphics, and a whole host of other things, this n that, that n this sort of things. Normally I would not hesitate to say BAD REMOTE! Need a new one, but I have two new ones, both have different firmware version dates so I know they could not be in the same factory run.

Has anyone else been having any problems like this? I am just about crazy with frustration at this. Tech support was a total a--h--e, had no clue what I was talking about, I eventually hung up on him.

Does this mean you found a job?

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 07:14 PM
they had to drop the name Orion because a little known japanese company was going to sue them for copyright infringement. Apparently there is a small market TV that carries the name Orion. Never heard of it personally.

mr2channel
03-18-2005, 09:00 PM
they had to drop the name Orion because a little known japanese company was going to sue them for copyright infringement. Apparently there is a small market TV that carries the name Orion. Never heard of it personally.

they are low end crappy sets, you find them in the big box shops.

Ghost
03-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Walmart carried them for a few years, a long time ago - I guess they were to cheap for even them.
I always wondered why the car stereo company 'Orion' didn't sue them (the TV company)?

lunartech
03-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Gary, Yes, temporarily subcontracting for a small outfit in Olathe. Pay is great but the hours are slight, though we just got back from North Dakota after putting in a big surveilance camera system for his wifes company, so I am sorry I was unable to reply any sooner, but with this job it would appear the hours are going to get better. At least I hope so.

I did figure out what was wrong with the remote. I have made a hobby over the years of making GUI backgrounds in my spare time and for this one I was inspired to make an animated background, really cool too looked like the surface of a coffee cup behind opaque button panels, what I did not take into account was the processor in the remote not being able to handle the animation as well as the functions it is supposed to do. Did a factory reset on it, changed the graphics to static backgrounds and started over and it worked like a charm. I guess I have gotten a little spoiled by the bigger processors in the more expensive stuff.

I would still love to have that number Shadowman, maybe I can get a job replacing those horrid GUIs that come with the MX-3000. LoL

Shadowman68
03-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Not sure how many of you know about this site, but its a cool program to build buttons for TP's , mx3000 and webpages.
www.crystalbutton.com

Eric showed me a MX3000 that one of his guys did, it was a 007 theme, moving video on the main page. Was pretty cool. He is supposed to be emailing it out when he gets back to Cali. I will forward it to you when i get it.

Gary
03-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Gary, Yes, temporarily subcontracting for a small outfit in Olathe. Pay is great but the hours are slight, though we just got back from North Dakota after putting in a big surveilance camera system for his wifes company, so I am sorry I was unable to reply any sooner, but with this job it would appear the hours are going to get better. At least I hope so.

I did figure out what was wrong with the remote. I have made a hobby over the years of making GUI backgrounds in my spare time and for this one I was inspired to make an animated background, really cool too looked like the surface of a coffee cup behind opaque button panels, what I did not take into account was the processor in the remote not being able to handle the animation as well as the functions it is supposed to do. Did a factory reset on it, changed the graphics to static backgrounds and started over and it worked like a charm. I guess I have gotten a little spoiled by the bigger processors in the more expensive stuff.

I would still love to have that number Shadowman, maybe I can get a job replacing those horrid GUIs that come with the MX-3000. LoL

Good news, congrads, hope thing work out good for you.