PDA

View Full Version : Pelco sequential switch to 6 TV's via Composite

vwpower44
03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I have a customer that has a Pelco PEVS5108 sequential switch. Has 6 cameras going to the switch. Wants to be able to view them on 6 different TV's in his house. Customer has Dual coax running to each TV. I would like to stay away from modulation, because of problems with notching out channels a screwing up bandwidth for HD. What kind of amplidifed distribution hub would you pro CCTV guys use for composite video distribution out of the sequential switch. Thanks.

Mike

AHEM
03-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I would be concerned about distributing composite video down RG6 cable (I assume that's what you'd be doing). Copper clad steel = great resistance in the baseband frequency area.

Ghost
03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
That's why you should use solid copper center. I don't buy anything with CCS (Copper Clad Steel). The price difference even on cheap cable is usally only $5-$10 per 1000ft. So there's no excuse for using CCS.
Now if you didn't wire it, then that's a different story :mrgreen:

There are many good video distribution amps out there. Some of the ones I think are good value are: Audio Authority and CE Labs. There are many more though.
CE Labs model 700: 7 output - $60-$90 depending on where you buy from

vwpower44
03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
yeah, i didn't wire the house. It has dual coax w/ copper clad, not 95% copper braid. Just trying to find some kind of a solution that will allow me to feed teh cameras through the sequential switch, then to six TV's through the RG6. I cannot modulate becasue of the HDTV bandwidth problem, so I have to somehow find a way to do it. This is a 14000 square foot house, and is all plaster lathe. No new wires can be run easily. Also the house is three stories.

Mike

AHEM
03-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Wow, three stories of CCS. I'm thinking that modulation may be your only alternative.