PDA

View Full Version : 4x1 composite only video matrix?

ATOH
08-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for something fairly inexpensive available via distribution for 4 composite sources to 1 display? IR control will work for this application.

Looked @ Key Digital but the only thing I could find did component also.

AVToolbox has one for $109 that's 4x2. No experience with AVToolbox though, but Springs or QQQ suggest them I think. Anyone have any experience with them? It looks GREEN though! Is that really the color?

http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt5642.shtml

Thanks.

RobbieS
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Yep, It's green, They are ugly as sin but they work great. We use their products all of the time.

We've been trying to talk them into making their products into little 1 space rack mount boxes but haven't had any luck yet. As in expensive as they're products are I'd be more than happy to pay more for something that wasn't green and would rack mount.

TedW
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Don't know if they still have it but SIMA had a unit for about $150 that was composite and S with discreet IR control or auto source selection.

n_stallr
08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
How about the Xantech RS41AV? Check with Fred's company. Less $$ than the AVtoolbox.

ATOH
08-11-2006, 12:37 AM
The Xantech piece would be perfect but I'd have to buy the RC68 remote to get the commands. You wouldn't happen to have them would you? I never use Xantech pieces that I need the remote for, although I use a lot of the blocks, adapters, etc.

Pilgrim
08-11-2006, 01:22 AM
The Xantech piece would be perfect but I'd have to buy the RC68 remote to get the commands. You wouldn't happen to have them would you? I never use Xantech pieces that I need the remote for, although I use a lot of the blocks, adapters, etc.

I have the codes in MXD.

Actually, they are in the MX editor now I think.

I thought I saw them listed in the RTI master list as well.

ATOH
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought I saw them listed in the RTI master list as well.

I'll check this. Thanks!

ATOH
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I ordered the Xantech piece AND the remote. Figured I might as well bite the bullet and learn all the commands from the remote (yeah right, like 14,000 or something?) . I did order the remote though so if anyone doesn't have one and needs some learned Xantech codes I'll have it now! :rolleyes:

There were a bunch in the RTI library (and the Mega Code List 11) but none to match the device I ordered.

The8thst
08-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I've got the switcher codes in an RTI library if you need them before you get your hands on the RC68.

ATOH
08-15-2006, 08:33 AM
If they don't come together in the same box from Fred you'll be getting an email/PM! Thanks for the offer.