PDA

View Full Version : Jukeboxes

MikeCAT
01-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Okay, so onto the first topic related post for the new and improved IP:

I've got a client that wants a CD jukebox in their gameroom, tied into the dist. audio. Anyone have experience with these? More than likely just IR control would be needed, RS 232 maybe a nice bonus.

Any potential headaches? (smart ass comments to follow I'm sure)
How bout purchasing avenues?

Thanks, gang
Mike

Brijaws
01-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Whats the budget? Is an Audio ReQuest an option? Do they want playlists and functionality?

MikeCAT
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Actually, looking for Wurlitzer (or styled like it) I'd like to throw a request at them. I think a playlist would certainly help them out, since control in other rooms will probably be fairly simple keypads or small IR touchscreens.

Brijaws
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
BTW Mike you are a moderator. I think you can * posts, and maybe add stuff.

Looks like I can edit!! :twisted:

Okay...a "testing" forum sounds good to me now!!

Mike

Gary
01-24-2005, 10:18 PM
We do Escient, but have experience with Request and Imerge. What do you want to know?

Gary
01-24-2005, 10:59 PM
So what you really want is a jukebox. I've done these in bars but never in a house.

MikeCAT
01-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Yup, Gary...That's exactley what I'm looking for. Something in the Wurlitzer style, with at least (and preferably) IR control.

I've seen Eurlitzer's site, but man those things are pricy for a jazzed up 100 disc-er. Any other good manufacturers out there?

RobbieS
01-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I beleive I have some info on a couple at the office. Buried deep in a pile of paperwork. I'll try to dig them up in the next day or two.

Old_School
01-31-2005, 06:27 PM
I remember that Wurlitzer actually made an integratable jukebox for the CI industry... I never sold one because they were ungodly expensive, so I never looked into the control and operation specs, I don't have much knowledge other than that I know they existed.

One of the reps I deal with had Wurlitzer on his linecard for a few years from like 1998 to 2001, and I remember seeing lit at their offices. You may wish to contact Wurlitzer to see if they still make such a device.

jwalkup
01-31-2005, 08:02 PM
I installed a Rock-Ola(Bubbler) in a clients garage a year or so ago.
Nice buid quality, basic IR control, but for a 100 disc
think it only had 80 spaces for the CD cards/jackets
http://www.rock-ola.com/

avdude
02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Mike,l

just a thought here...but have you tried google?

or netscape powered by google?

only reason I ask is that I found over 700,000 results in .00243 seconds when I searched

and this one has all the pictures

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=cd+jukebox&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D5 380250fa74cff95%26clickedItemRank%3D2%26userQuery% 3Dcd%2Bjukebox%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%2 52Fwww.gameroomantiques.com%252FCDjukebox.htm%26in vocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPToolbarNS%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameroomantiques.com%2 FCDjukebox.htm

seriously though...

why not give them the real world functionality of an Escient or ReQuest, with the nostalgic look of the Wurlitzer?

How?

Glad you asked!

Get an old looking shell, with as much of the original crap in it as possible, then right in the middle, on either side of the flipper pages, put an LCD display...or something...CREATE something...make it happen, that's why we call it custom..

PROBLY would be more functional than the standard IR one your speaking of, more reliable, and add that one additional cool factor!

MikeCAT
02-02-2005, 11:31 AM
avdude,

Man, I was thinking of something that same direction!! I love coming up with cool custom stuff like that and the cool thing is I've got plenty of time to work on it for this house.

I did try a search and the down side is that you get 700,000 returns, most of which end up being junk. Thanks for the link you did post, and I'll keep y'all posted on what the solution turns out to be.