PDA

View Full Version : Phase Tech speakers & other...

Ghost
01-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I saw in the photo gallery that you use Phase speakers so far I 've use the PC series. How do you compare the Velocity series to the PC series.

I like the Velocity series much better than the old Teatro series, the Teatro rolled off the highs way to much & early making a very dull sound. The Velocity is more accurate in the high response. I haven't had a chance to do a lot (or compare) the PC series yet, so I can't comment on that accurately.

I like using their bookshelf speaker for a center channel, I find it matches the tonality of the fronts better with a lower (more fuller) response. Infinty I've found to be the same way. But, because these are rear ported designs, this won't work for in-cabinet or were the center channel is right up against a wall.

The Velocity Subs I've have found to be very good as well (although I have had some quality control issues). They have a smooth top end that blends well with the other speakers at the crossover point. I wish they made more powerful subs, I haven't tried the PC Sub yet but it doesn't look to be a whole lot more powerful than the Velocity subs. But, the Velocity subs are over-rated a bit, and if the PC Sub is under-rated with a woofer that's has a high sensitivity, then the PC Sub might be a bit more performance (it certainly is a bit more price).
Right now for more powerful subs I'm using the Velodyne SPL II series, the Infinity CSW-10, and custom built subs using the PartsExpress 1000w amp or seperate amp (i.e. Crown) & different drivers depending on the install.

flcusat
01-29-2005, 01:32 PM
I haven't tried the Velocity Series yet. I love the PC3.1 and the PC sub which I like a lot. I haven't tried the PC9.1 yet. Is the grill in the velocity series made of cloth or metal?They look really good.

flcusat
01-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Brad: Have you tried their outdoor speaker Solaris SPF 35 and 25 yet?

Ghost
01-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Is the grill in the velocity series made of cloth or metal?
If memory serves, plastic & cloth or MDF & cloth.

Have you tried their outdoor speaker Solaris SPF 35 and 25 yet?
I almost did the other day but the customer went with the Russound instead. I'm sure I'll use some before summer's over.

Brijaws
01-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm sure I'll use some before summer's over.

Summer..... mmmmmmmmm!

Ghost
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Summer..... mmmmmmmmm!

Oh yeah, I forgot it's cold where you are :lol:
That's all right though, come summer you'll be laughing at us smoldering down here in the deep south.

Pedro, there should be pictures coming up soon in my gallery of some Velocity series stuff torn apart. The pictures are only half the original size though - if you want larger ones I can email them to you with some extra shots. (several megabytes though).

flcusat
01-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks Brad. I see that you have a new picture for the Avatar. You look like a movie sat LOL.