PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera of choice.

Brijaws
03-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Which camera do you use for project photos?

Theaterworks
03-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Nikon Coolpix 5000 with a wide angle adaptor. I use a very powerful shoe flash, not the little POS that's part of the camera, and a separate slaved (goes off when the shoe flash fires) tripod mounted studio flash with an umbrella. It's the only way to capture the entire front of a home theater and get it lit correctly. Alternatively, I use my film cameras with an extreme wide angle lens and scan the film.

A bit more on this topic. I'm an amateur photographer with a pro's investment in equipment. For all that, and for the years I've invested in this I've only recently gotten to the point where the pictures make me happy and capture the feel of the job I'm shooting. For casual snapshots and job documentation the digital is excellent. For web site shots and presentation piece/portfolio pictures hire a professional. You want your work to be displayed in the best possible light, so let the people who know how to do it do it for you.

sirroundsound
03-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Nikon Coolpix 2100, it does the trick, decent shots, easy to use, small, cheap. Much like theater states, if you need shots for your web site, or a brocher, then call a pro. I use this camera to hopefully prevent any issues later, shots of the pre wire, installation, and for my own use finished results. For the most part I can get pictures that are good enough to show to a client, on my laptop.

The8thst
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I am also looking for a decent digital to take shots of prewires and some quick snapshots of the completed job for my own collection.

Any suggestions on one that is small, fairly inexpensive, good picture quality, and allows you to record a voice memo and attach it to the shot (works great for prewire shots)?

Thanks

Shadowman68
03-29-2005, 06:58 PM
My wife is a pretty good photographer, She is looking into a digital camera. Have any of you purchased one through a distributor or have you bought at a photo shop or big box store?
She likes the Minolta SLR 7D or the Panasonic Lumix FZ240. Any of you Panny dealers have access to the cameras?