PDA

View Full Version : EHX2005

Ghost
01-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I'll re-start this thread from the last site.

Who's going, what's you doing, and how long you down for???

I'm not going all 5 days like I did last year, it took to much of my time (although to get away was very nice) and after 2-3days there just wasn't much left for me to see/do. So this year I'm only going for 2-3 days (still got to figure out which).
Certainly Thursday & Friday. Maybe add Wednesday or Saturday, depending on what's going on.

I always look for my own hotel, I usually get one right next door or close by for a lot cheaper - reminds me, I've got to go look and get my reservations done. Times ticking...

http://www.ehxweb.com/

flcusat
01-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm going. Probably getting there Tuesday night. I have a Time-Share apartment in the Orlando area. Originally I was planning to go for 3 days only but when my wife called to make the reservation for the apartment they told her that we had to have it for the whole week, go figure. So I'm probably taking my family with me so they can go to the parks while I'am at the expo. If anyone want to get in touch and meet there my cell number is 305-218-1388.

Pedro.

Gary
01-29-2005, 01:30 PM
and after 2-3days there just wasn't much left for me to see/do. So this year I'm only going for 2-3 days (still got to figure out which).

What do you mean nothing to see/do?

I went 4 or 5 years ago, back when it was still called the "Home Automation Show" and after I ran out of stuff to see (that took about 3 hours), I found this great place that had margaritas as big as my head. I spent the next 3 days feeling no pain and having a great time.

Ghost
02-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Just got my badge in today. I still haven't booked a hotel yet, I've got to check into that this weekend.

Only 2 1/2 weeks left - as it gets a little closer we can do a head count to see who's going. Seems like there might actually be a few people going this time.

Brijaws, where's those T-shirts for IP you were going to make one year, or was that the other Brian.

Ghost
02-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Alright, It looks like I'm going to be there for 5 days after all. I think they spread things out deliberately.
I'll be arriving on Tuesday the 22nd, but I'm not going to the Expo that day (nothing really going on I want to see or do). And I'll be leaving Saturday the 26th (that evening).
I'm staying at the LaQuinta Inn just up the road ($65 a night, plus all those taxes)
Wednesday - I'm going to be mostly in the manufacture lectures.
Thursday - I plan to be mostly on the floor
Friday - That morning on the floor, then afternoon in more manufacture lectures.
Saturday - more manufacture lectures.
Don't know what I'm doing in the evenings yet. Last year I just relaxed & slept in my hotel room (no work is bliss).

Mobile phone service works great for me down there (Sprint). My contact: 912-980-2866.

6 Days left. Who's going???

flcusat
02-16-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm going. I was planning in getting there on Monday night and staying untill Saturday but I'm pretty tied up with work so I might get there probably Wednesday I don't know yet. My phone # is 305-218-1388.

Ghost
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Well dang, there WAS more than 2 people going before... oh well. It looks like it's just you and me going Pedro.

I'm going to have a few things to do Tuesday morning before I leave. It takes me just a little over 4 hours to drive there, with the construction that's always working on I-4 just north of the city. So I'm hoping to get there just before dark.
I'll pick-up my badge holder & info sheets the next morning 8-8:30am (Wednesday). The first place I'm going is the Control 4 lecture @ 9:00am, it's suppose to be on thier hardware so I want to see just what it is they plan on offering & dig a little.

4 days left...

Shadowman68
02-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Brad, take good notes. I am quite interested in finding out more about Control 4. But I cant find any info, besides the uninformative website.
When you get back if you can send me as much info as you can, I would certainly appreciate it.

Jerry
02-19-2005, 07:20 PM
If my memory serves correctly, Last year Brad gave play by play calls.
We'll see what happens this year. We should be well informed unless he finds that place with the "Gary's head"-sized margaritas.

Gary
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
If my memory serves correctly, Last year Brad gave play by play calls.
We'll see what happens this year. We should be well informed unless he finds that place with the "Gary's head"-sized margaritas.

And I have been told that I have an unusually large head.

This time tomorrow, on the beach in Destin :D

Ghost
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Don't think it was play by play but certainly tried to be detailed on what I did see/cover when I got back. Last year I took my laptop but I didn't have an internet connection to hook to, I never used it for anything that I did, so this year I might leave it at home.

I'll have my Canon A75 taking pictures, that's something I didn't get to show last year. Maybe this year I can upload a bunch of the pics to the site for a few weeks/months (lot of space needed though, 25-50+MB depending on how many pics?)

Not much on drinking, so I don't think you'll have to worry about me finding those 'Gary's Head' sized margaritas. LOL
Destin Beach, FL??? Gary, you're more than half-way to the Expo.

MikeCAT
02-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Gary, where in Destin? I spent the first 20 years of my life growing up on Holiday Isle. Not a bad place to spend your childhood. Last time I was there was about 9 years ago. I hear it's nowhere near the same, and traffic on 98 is about the worst in the country.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I kinda miss Destin :?

Ghost
02-21-2005, 12:15 AM
After Gary had mentioned it, I looked up some info about Destin. It looks like a really cool place.
Reminds me of the days I would just go some where for the weekend, didn't matter where, just to explore. Didn't need much money, just enough to eat and sleep was fine. I would limit the driving distance to about 6 hours but that can get you really far down hear (4-5 states)
Sooo... many years ago...

2 Days left... EHX2005

Gary
02-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey Gary, where in Destin? I spent the first 20 years of my life growing up on Holiday Isle. Not a bad place to spend your childhood. Last time I was there was about 9 years ago. I hear it's nowhere near the same, and traffic on 98 is about the worst in the country.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I kinda miss Destin :?

We are staying in a condo on 30A, about a mile from Seaside. The gulf is 100ft from our door.