PDA

View Full Version : MDU Questions

lowvoltguy
03-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I tried to look up fire code information for MDU's, but everything I saw on the net required purchasing the book ... My question is regarding prewiring for audio in MDU's .... I did a couple of condo's with the last company I worked for and we used fire rated back boxes for in-ceiling speakers .... I was wondering if we are just prewiring for in-ceiling audio can the back boxes be left out??? ... If the homeowner elects to put in speakers we'll put in the back boxes :wink: ... If back boxes are the only way out, what suggestions does everyone have for covering the holes???

mr2channel
03-15-2005, 03:51 PM
use truaudio products, they make really good backboxes and fake speakers to plug holes when the client wants to take the speakers with them when they move. I really like the line alot, lifetime warranty, great build quality and SQ.....give steve a call and give him hell, just be sure to tell him that I told you to dish it out to him (Trey, Sound & Image Design, Richmond, VA)

give'm a shot

AHEM
03-15-2005, 06:40 PM
use truaudio products, they make really good backboxes and fake speakers to plug holes when the client wants to take the speakers with them when they move. I really like the line alot, lifetime warranty, great build quality and SQ.....give steve a call and give him hell, just be sure to tell him that I told you to dish it out to him (Trey, Sound & Image Design, Richmond, VA)

give'm a shot

...and I thought that I was the only one here who was a dealer for them. I agree with Trey..great products and great people to deal with.

On another note, if you're only need back boxes, check out BackBox, which is available at Capitol Sales (another nice place to do business with).