PDA

View Full Version : For sale on Ebay... Bryston

sirroundsound
03-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Just in case anyone here is looking for a good deal on a Bryston 7B amp or BP-25 pre amp, I have listed them on e-bay for a client. Anyone still dealing with turntables (high end) ?? I also have coming a SME-4 Tone Arm and Koetsu Goldline Cartrige, these were pretty pricey when new, I would imagine any reasonable offer the client will take. (they are not listed on e-bay yet)

vwpower44
03-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Bryston makes great amps. I am running the 3BST for my rears and a 5BST for my fronts. Unbelievable amps.

Mike

mr2channel
03-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Bryston makes great amps. I am running the 3BST for my rears and a 5BST for my fronts. Unbelievable amps.

Mike

agreed they make good amps, but the SP 1.7 SUCKED on every level, every one we sold was defective. Just dropped the line, but still like the amps.

rmht
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM

Mike

Wow
We must be kindred spirits as I am doing the same. Got them almost free (with equipment discount, but not much) from a customer when he upgraded to the Lexicon LX-7 with the MC-12B. Also got his Meridian A568. Sold that. :oops:
I love the Bryston sound, so happy to have them on a daily basis.
I have gone back and forth on using the 5BST for my center and rears as I run them small and the 3BST for just the fronts as I run them large.
Any advice anyone.

I also have heard of but not been involved in the Bryston preamp hell. Sometimes you should just stick with what you are good at.

What are you using preamp, drivers?
I have (currently) a NADT163 and NHT VT1.4 fronts with VS1.4 center, rears.
Really looking to upgrade both. Got my eye same customers B&W 802's as he wants to go to the Diamond series.

mr2channel
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM

Mike

Wow
We must be kindred spirits as I am doing the same. Got them almost free (with equipment discount, but not much) from a customer when he upgraded to the Lexicon LX-7 with the MC-12B. Also got his Meridian A568. Sold that. :oops:
I love the Bryston sound, so happy to have them on a daily basis.
I have gone back and forth on using the 5BST for my center and rears as I run them small and the 3BST for just the fronts as I run them large.
Any advice anyone.

I also have heard of but not been involved in the Bryston preamp hell. Sometimes you should just stick with what you are good at.

What are you using preamp, drivers?
I have (currently) a NADT163 and NHT VT1.4 fronts with VS1.4 center, rears.
Really looking to upgrade both. Got my eye same customers B&W 802's as he wants to go to the Diamond series.

budget pre/pro upgrade from what you have I would say Integra 9.4, if you can lay out the coin we have been very pleased with the Parasound Halo pieces, nice SQ and broadcast quality video w/ BNC's all the way around, and oh yeah XLR's for your Brystons. up from that, start opening your wallet...

rmht
03-19-2005, 09:33 PM
budget pre/pro upgrade from what you have I would say Integra 9.4, if you can lay out the coin we have been very pleased with the Parasound Halo pieces, nice SQ and broadcast quality video w/ BNC's all the way around, and oh yeah XLR's for your Brystons. up from that, start opening your wallet...[/quote]

I will have to open my wallet for the Parasounds as I am not a dealer, yet. I keep hearing great things and my few experiences with the product has been impressive. I would really like to find myself in Lexicon but the MC8,MC4 which is a bit more affordable is not balanced out, and that is why I am pissed I sold the Meridian.
I am happy with the NAD for the time being, really looking more for the speaker upgrade, I have all sort of ideas and am thinking of building my own.
Just to say I did.
But I appreciate the info, the more I hear about Parasound the more I am interested, its that this area is saturated with dealers already.