PDA

View Full Version : The How and Why of the Industry News section

2ndRick
05-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I wanted to launch the Industry News section here on IP because I noticed that a lot of industry related news articles were just flhying through the pages of othe industry related online and print media in between the hirings and promotion notices from the HR departments, and press releases and new product announcements from the marketing departments.

This type of content isn't what this section is about unless a new hire is REALLY newsworthy. As an example, Tom Holman leaving Audyssey to go to Apple is more newsworthy than some random middle management dork being shuffled from one hell hole to the next. (no disrespect intended to the middle management dorks or the hell holes who hire them)

Also, the forum format allows for a structured place for a healthy conversation of each topic that allows us to easily quote and multi-quote each other in the traditional forum platform which automatically serves up the articles with the most recent comments along with the most recently posted new articles. And obviously these topics can also be searched and bumped again at a late date. So in my opinion, this format is significantly better than the comment section of the online articles at the other places.

Also, since ours is a more select group, the comments are bound to be less cluttered with ridiculous rants... if you know what I am saying.

Anyway, if you see an article that somehow pertains to our industry which you believe is newsworthy, please feel free to post it.

The way that I have been doing it is to link the article, then copy/paste the body of the article (with any ad copy or other crap removed) the into the post and using the [ quote ] and a [ /quote ] HTML tags to place the text in a quote window to show that it's the author's words and not your own. (obviously, remove the spaces to get them to work).

Thanks,
Rick.