PDA

View Full Version : SonusFaber parent acquires US arm of Sumiko.

2ndRick
07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Sumiko Audio has been acquired by the Italian based firm FineSounds SpA, who are the parent company of SonusFaber (who Sumiko have represented in the US for many years) as well as blue chip US-based hi-fi companies Audio Research and Wadia Digital.

I see that they have stopped bringing in Vienna Acoustics a while back.
I guess I missed that news.

Fine Sounds SpA Acquires Sumiko
TWICE Staff -- TWICE, 7/5/2011

Berkeley, Calif. - Fine Sounds SpA, owner of Sonus Faber, Audio Research Corporation and Wadia Digital, announced today that it has acquired high-end audio distributor Sumiko, based here.

The cost of the transaction was not revealed.

Current Sumiko owners Donald Brody and John Hunter will take seats on the board of Fine Sounds SpA.

Sumiko will remain the exclusive North America distributor for all its existing lines: Sonus Faber (loudspeakers), REL (sub-bass systems), Pro-Ject Audio Systems (turntables and electronics), SME (turntables and tonearms), Sumiko Phono Cartridges and Okki Nokki (record cleaning machines).

The REL and Wolf Cinema brands are still owned by Donald Brody and John Hunter. While REL enters into an agreement to be distributed by Fine Sounds globally, Wolf Cinema will remain independent.

Mauro Grange, the new Sumiko president, remarked, "Fine Sounds views both the U.S. and China as top priority markets. Direct distribution in China is currently managed through Sonus Faber Asia, and with the Sumiko acquisition, we now realize direct distribution in North America."

CoreAVConcepts
07-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Vienna are doing their own distribution now.