PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Premiere Elite shown at CEDIA '11

2ndRick
09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Onboard Ethernet as well as network via MoCA capability adds a lot of value, as do the drivers/modules for control capability from C4, Crestron and RTI (hopefully Elan g! is coming soon).

I would like to see the integration, and the iPad app before plunking down the $499 plus the fees (on top of the cable service)... I would also want to see a head to head comparison of the OnDemand and other value-adds from the CATV providers own DVRs.

Also, I personally feel that the lack of an HDTV off-air tuner is a serious omission for my area. Since I am within range of several markets on the IL/WI State line (I can get Rockford, Chicago and Madison), we commonly use antenna feeds to grab different NFL games when certain games are blacked out.

By Maxine Giza, September 07, 2011
With a hot line-up of shows airing this fall, it's impossible for clients to pick just one or two programs to follow all season. The TiVo Premiere Elite, on display at CEDIA 2011 in booth # 2140, is here to rescue TV junkies, allowing simultaneous recording of four different shows while viewing a fifth recorded program.

The quad tuner Premiere Elite has 2 TBs of storage, can record up to 300 hours of HD programming, and integrates with Netflix, Pandora, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube.

"With the added distinction as a THX-certified DVR, the TiVo Premiere Elite offers a high-end solution for premium quality installers looking for an improved way to get the most out of a customer's high definition television and cable subscription," says Doug Bieter, TiVo vice president of retail sales.

The TiVo Premiere Elite, which works on the TiVo App for iPad and iPhone, can be configured to send content to other TiVo products and is compatible with third-party controllers, including Creston, Control4, and RTI.

TiVo Premiere Elite also offers MoCA as a networking option in addition to its integrated Ethernet connectivity, allowing the existing coaxial cable in the home to setup the TiVo Premiere when an Ethernet connection isn't available.

Pricing is set for $499.99 plus the monthly ($19.99) or lifetime ($499.99) service fee. TiVo says the Premiere Elite will be available by the end of 2011, pending FCC approval. The Premiere Elite is an all-digital DVR and doesn't meet the FCC's analog tuning requirement.

2ndRick
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
According to this comparison (http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-premiere-elite/premiere-elite-compare.html#tab), the Elite unit will play Netflix, Amazon Instant, Hulu Plus, and YouTube in addition to the Tivo on demand selection.

floydbob
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
The Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube were already in the Premier, so that's not really a new feature.