PDA

View Full Version : IR blindness

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Im trying to set up a MX850 for a customer with a 60"Wega. Can anyone tell me how long the set is blind to IR after power up? My macro string is not working. I recall reading that some of the sony sets go blind temporarily after power up. As it stands I have a 2sec delay after power on, then switch to vid1 etc. The tv after power on, stays on ant1. I have gone as high as 8 sec after pwr on with no luck. Any help on this?

Ghost
03-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Keith,
I can't remember the time right off the top of my head (I think it's 10 seconds exactly but may respond at 9 secs), BUT....
you know you can go in the menu and do a lock for video 1 so in never goes to the ant input (ever).
In the main menu, go to Channel - then scroll down to Channel Fix and switch it to say Video 1. Now the TV will only go to the video inputs you program (minus the ones you put to Skip in the Setup menu -Video Label)

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Good tip... Thanks.

sirroundsound
03-18-2005, 07:59 PM
are you making sure that the on code is first in your list, then power up other components and do their switching, then switch inputs on the TV, if you still have to add delays here they may not have to be as long.

Gary
03-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Sirroundsound is exactly right, your macro should look like this:

TV On

Receiver On
Source On
Receiver Input
Source Start

If necessary, insert the shortest possible delay here.

TV input

Or you could just use Crestron, where you have a lot more flexibility.

mr2channel
03-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Sirroundsound is exactly right, your macro should look like this:

TV On

Receiver On
Source On
Receiver Input
Source Start

If necessary, insert the shortest possible delay here.

TV input

Or you could just use Crestron, where you have a lot more flexibility.

Agree 100%, if this does not do it for you, then get a Xantech Mac1, that will store the necessary macros and help prevent a long macro from failing once the batteries get low on any RF based remote. You may need the Xantech RC68+ remote to program the Mac1, I have noticed that alot of Xantech IR codes are in the MX editor, but at this point they are not labeled as to the overlay and address, which you would need to know. I did speak to Joe @ URC and he says he will work on geting the codes labeled.

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Oddly enough, I didnt think of that, funny how you get so tied up thinking about something, the obvious completely escapes you.
Thanks

Shadowman68
03-18-2005, 11:44 PM
One of the first URC remotes I ever did was a mx600 for my father about 2 yrs ago. He is the type of guy that hates previews on dvd's. I spent hours trying to figure out how to get around it. The eureka hit one saturday, I was in the basement with my 4 yr old daughter and she wanted to watch a movie. So she opened up the cabinet, grabbed her dvd and put it in the machine. It started up, she reached in and hit stop, I looked at her and asked what she was doing, I told her then to push the button with the triangle on it. So she pushed stop again. I said no honey the button with the triangle. Oh she said, and pushed play. Voila, straight to the main menu.
So I packed up my kid, ripped over to my parents house and retooled the macro. So now when he presses dvd on the remote, the tv switches to video 1, the amp to dvd, 2 sec delay, stop dvd, 2sec, stop dvd, 2sec play. I had to laugh, my 4 yr old inadvertantly solved my problem that had plagued me for a week. Like I said, funny how the obvious can escape you.

Scottedge
03-19-2005, 12:37 PM
the Stop, Stop, Play doesn't work on some Disney Movies takes you to the damn movie previews(i.e.Pixar/Disney's Monsters Inc.) Man I hate Disney. Shouldn't be a problem for your father I'd think.