PDA

View Full Version : Crestron opens new Experience Center in California

2ndRick
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Cypress is in Orange County, just West of Anaheim.

Crestron last week opened its new Experience Center in Cypress, Calif. The event was commemorated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony attended by more than 400 guests.

"Our Cypress Experience Center provides a state-of-the-art space to support our customers, dealers and partners in southern California," Dave Sell , Crestron's Regional Director, said as part of the announcement.

"This marks an open invitation to everyone to come and use this beautiful, functional space where you can see and demonstrate Crestron technology in real-life settings. Hearing and reading about Crestron solutions is cool, but nothing beats experiencing it for yourself."

Other such centers are located in New York, Las Vegas and Phoenix, as well as the company's Rockleigh, N.J., headquarters.

cory
03-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Has anyone checked this out yet? I was half tempted to drive down for the opening, drinks and some short classes but couldn't make it.

2ndRick
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Has anyone checked this out yet? I was half tempted to drive down for the opening, drinks and some short classes but couldn't make it.

If you go, take some pics.
The only image accompanying the story was a tiny pic of the ribbon cutting.

jonnyg
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I will be going to Cypress at the end of April for DMC-E training.

dplanz
03-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Was there at the beginning of Feb for cert; the center looked to be almost finished at that point. I think they had most, if not all, their touchpanels on display (albeit at the time, at least, most were static displays). Lots of equipment to look at, although that sort of thing only gives nerds like us woodies. A lot (maybe all) of their keypads and the various finishes, including the european keypads. A demo that showed the new (DM) HD Scalar compared to a DM-RMC-200-c (that is, how much faster the picture comes up upon source change). I took some pictures, but they didnt turn out that well and I deleted them on the weekend to make some room on my phone. Sorry guys.

MrDigitronic
03-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I took the DMC 3 day class there a couple of weeks ago and walked through it a couple of time. Looks kind of like the show booth from CEDIA. Great if you are into selling equipment, don't see why you would take a client there though.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?l00suj
Fredrik
www.digitronic.inc

roddymcg
03-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I was told by a rep from Steinway that Crestron is in the process of finishing a design center at the Pacific Design Center in West LA. Now that makes sense to have a showroom there. Not so much at their training facility in OC...

Greg_C
03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
They use the one in Rockleigh more for Architects and ID's. It's pretty cool. Went thru it while I was taking Essentials.

MrDigitronic
03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
They use the one in Rockleigh more for Architects and ID's. It's pretty cool. Went thru it while I was taking Essentials.

Would be interesting to see how they are pitching it to Interior Designers. Wonder if that is possible to attend an event. Will. all them and ask actually. Could be useful.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?34lasl
Fredrik
www.digitronic.inc

cory
03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I think the one Roddy mentioned all be more like the one in Rockleigh, whereas this Experience center is a way to see all the different hardware in person and working.

roddymcg
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I think the one Roddy mentioned all be more like the one in Rockleigh, whereas this Experience center is a way to see all the different hardware in person and working.

I would assume that being at the Pacific Design Center that they will be marketing to designers. :) If you have not been there and are in the area it is worth a visit. We used to maintain the theater there and did some work on the TV system in place way back when.

http://www.pacificdesigncenter.com/

In No. Mexico (LA) we did a ton of work from designer referrals. They helped us sell more black boxes!! A great resource for work if you get in with them.

Remember none of what I say here is backed up by anything more than someone who happened to be at the PDC in the last couple days.

MrDigitronic
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I would assume that being at the Pacific Design Center that they will be marketing to designers. :) If you have not been there and are in the area it is worth a visit. We used to maintain the theater there and did some work on the TV system in place way back when.

http://www.pacificdesigncenter.com/

In No. Mexico (LA) we did a ton of work from designer referrals. They helped us sell more black boxes!! A great resource for work if you get in with them.

Remember none of what I say here is backed up by anything more than someone who happened to be at the PDC in the last couple days.

PDC is great. Our shop is 10 blocks away from it and we end up spending quite some time there. It would be great if Crestron is setting up a room there as well.

VanWert Design
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Hello all,
I am new here but figured I would jump in. I confirmed today that Crestron is going to be opening a location in the PDC. I was there this morning and saw this sign. I really they design it to be more of a "lifestyle" showroom rather than a bunch of boxes and touchpanels on display.