PDA

View Full Version : Projection Design

Shadowman68
03-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Anybody play with these yet? Saw one last week, Action One MKII, thought it was an Infocus with a colored case. Have read some good reviews on it. Any thoughts?

ejfiii
03-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Shadow, I am in the process of auditioning projectors. I want to carry a single protected line that covers most price points. I originally looked at Projection Design at the top of the list a I had heard great things about their picture quality (most important to me) out of the box. Upon digging further, I found them to be based on the IF projectors, which I have no problem with. I have installed my fair share of IF PJs. I also looked at Dreamweaver, Knoll, and some others - all based on IF PJs. Problem for me is the screen offset. Lots of times this is great as it allows your PJ to stay tucked tight to the ceiling. But its also a problem in rooms with lower ceilings or soffits, or whatever else. You'd have to put the screen on the floor. That limited flexibility is just a deal breaker for me.

So I am going to meet with the Sim2 rep shortly and take a look there. Of course the flipside is true here that the PJ has to be positioned level with the top or bottom of the screen at the most. But this is a better problem to have and I have lived with it through the JVX HX1 and 2, so I am used to it.

These are all my two cents and worth exactly what you are paying for them.

Good luck.

kangis
04-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi All,
I'd like to get this thread going again, as I'm in search of a new ProJo Line. I've spoken with a number of PD personnel and a couple dealers so far and really like what I see. I was impressed with them at EXPO '08, both with their knowlegable personnel and their demos. I'm most concerned about reliability, and my desire for the LACK of flaky performance. My current long-time vendor has a bad track record on this and I can't take it any more!

I'm aware of certain offset limitations on some models. My interest is members' experiences with things like:
1. Reliability/solid operation
2. how does PD address any issues that come up
3. control reliability
4. General picture performance
5. Comparative noise levels, especially with the small chassis'

Thanks in advance for any comments!
Chris K....................8-)

Gary
04-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm most concerned about reliability, and my desire for the LACK of flaky performance. My current long-time vendor has a bad track record on this and I can't take it any more

Runco?

kangis
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Gary!
My current vendor is not Runco, but a Runco Wannabee! How about that for shooting high...

Chris K................8-)