PDA

View Full Version : Multiple devices sharing multiple phone lines

kevinK
11-29-2006, 12:23 AM
I have an small business that has three fax machines.
- Two outgoing located in different office areas
- One incoming
- 1 dedicated outgoing phone line
- 1 dedicated incoming phone line

The problem is often they find themselves sending outgoing faxes at the same time, which means they don't really know someone else is sending, and the fax machines they use do not queue up the jobs.

Ideally, I'd love to find a device that allows the two outgoing fax machines to use either the outgoing or incoming fax lines. I guess I could also add the third phone line to the hunt list to make this work seemlessly.

Other background information that I gathered from them...
They have a total of seven (6) phone lines
- 3 phone
- 2 fax
- 1 shipping software

I looked at Viking and found the line scanner LS 4x4 (http://vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=179). This allows the fax machines to share a line, but doesn't really give me the "hunt" feature.

I googled and found "the linehunter (http://www.multi-link.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=27)"

Anyone run into a similar issue and have a product suggestion?

Thanks!

vwpower44
11-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Do they have a phone system like a Panasonic or Samsung? If so, you should be able to adjust the software to look for different Co's and have them uses the rank of CO's. This way if someone is using the first Co then have the fax go to the second CO, if that is being used go the the thrid CO. If they only have two phone lines this could be a problem. We sub out our phone systems, so I am not too familiar with them, but I know enough to get into trouble.

Mike

PAAI
11-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Or you could bring them out of the dark ages and get them signed up for an internet fax service.

kevinK
11-29-2006, 08:08 AM
True, very true. But I think baby steps would be the easiest for them. Changing their whole process would be giant leap. They seem to be very set with papertrails and such.

Any suggestions on a fax service. I've used efax before.

Fastfred
11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Viking ls 4 x 4 is what the duck ordered.

"When any connected telecom device goes off hook, the ls 4 x 4 scans for an open line and sends the call out. If no lines are available, the unit recieves a busy signal..."

TedW
11-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Brother makes a fully networked fax for something like $200. Depending on what it is that they are faxing this could be a solution as anyone can fax from their local computer and scanner.