View Full Version : Vantage purchases NUVO

11-15-2012, 11:57 AM

Wow. I didn't see that coming considering their existing product lineup.

11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Jason, it's not Vantage it's Legrand. When the big electrical companies (ABB, Scneider, Siemens, Legrand, e.t.c) decide to get more into automation and AV, then we will be in trouble. They have already "destroyed" the market in Europe with KNX by selling to everybody and targeting the wholesalers and electricians. And it seems Legrand is keen to go much deeper - these companies are so strong financially that they can buy our "giants" like Crestron and Lutron without even blinking. I think our big worry should be these companies and not Apple...

We are the exclusive distributor of Nuvo here, I hope we do not loose the brand because it has its market and its customers and we do quite good work with it.

11-15-2012, 01:57 PM
did not see that coming either...sure hope they don't screw anything up...Nuvo has always been a very good company to deal with and their gear has always been reliable.

11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
They've owned Middle Atlantic for over a year now. The money that's come from Legrand has mostly helped the company solve some of their manufacturing and logistics issues. Their engineering and sales shop has been left alone to date. Biggest benefit - I can now purchase Legrand wiring products with a MAP PO. Cablofil is coming.