PDA

View Full Version : How much and where to get a new 4' Fiberglass ladder?

PAAI
03-26-2005, 09:21 AM
This area seemed like the time was right for a new thread.

I lost my 4' fiberglass ladder on a job some time ago or should I say someone took my 250lb FL and I can't prove it. I have been shopping for a new one,but I am finding that they are about $20.00 more for the same thing I used to have.
Lowes-highest price,but there are some in stock of course. Home Depot had a few,but 300lb and much higher price. Sears, well while I like their tools, our area store never seems to have the fiberglass 4' ladders. Menards: All they have is some rinky dink sheet metal shit that I would be afraid to stand on and 2' fiberglass ladders that are as much as the 6'!
The Electrical supply houses in the area have some that I can climb on both sides, which is not necessary and they are $89-119.00. Any Suggestions for me ?

Shadowman68
03-26-2005, 11:35 AM
I just bought an 8ft. they run about 20 bucks a foot here. Home Suppository was the most expensive at about 28 per foot.

Jerry
03-26-2005, 12:26 PM
See if you can find a "Green Bull", I have had my 5' from them for about 9 years now. It is still in great condition (functionally).
I don't even know if they are still in business, I thought I heard they were a couple of guys that started there own company after working for Werner or one of the other "big" ladder companies.

The8thst
04-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I got mine from home depot.

What I really want to find is a 5' or just under 6' ladder so it will fit flat in the bed of a Ford Ranger that work provides.

Jerry, where did you get the 5' ladder from?

Jerry
04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
A tool shop in Minnesota

ejfiii
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Try Grainger - I get all my ladders from them.

vwpower44
04-02-2005, 11:25 PM
We use all Loiusville ladders from HD.

Mike

Kelly
04-04-2005, 08:38 AM

What I really want to find is a 5' or just under 6' ladder so it will fit flat in the bed of a Ford Ranger that work provides.

I think I'd get on of the Lil Giant type ladders from HD (evil orange).

Starts out at a 4 footer, but can be adjusted to roughly 7 foot, and up to nearly 15 foot as a straight ladder. Not fiberglass, weights about the same and is well isolated. Very handy little bugger.

The8thst
04-04-2005, 08:43 AM

I think I'd get on of the Lil Giant type ladders from HD (evil orange).

Starts out at a 4 footer, but can be adjusted to roughly 7 foot, and up to nearly 15 foot as a straight ladder. Not fiberglass, weights about the same and is well isolated. Very handy little bugger.

Currently I carry around a 4 foot fiberglass ladder and a telescoping 12.5' extension ladder (folds up to 2.5'), both are much lighter and smaller than the little giant ladders.
When using a small Ford Ranger Extended Cab for a primary install vehicle, space is definately at a premium.