PDA

View Full Version : July is Made in North America month. Look for new profiles in this section.

2ndRick
07-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Once again I am looking to profile some vendors from our industry who are manufacturing products in North America.

Please feel free to PM me some recommendations for profiles, contacts are also appreciated.

2ndRick
07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
OK, I have a few lined up.

Coming soon, you will see profiles for Terra Speakers and Indy Audio Labs (Acurus and Aragon).

I have requests out for about 20 others as well.... Including some of the industry's largest names.
I am hoping to have some replies soon.

whdigital
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Well, Zektor manufactures everything in San Diego for one....

Audiophiliac
07-18-2013, 06:24 PM
One that may not be popular with CI, but is very much Made in the USA, is Zu Audio. They build cables, speakers/subwoofers, phonograph mods, and some one off custom work if you have the coin. I spent an afternoon with co-founder Sean Casey a few years ago and toured their facility in Ogden, UT, ran a few errands with him, one of which placed me in an IsoMike demo with Ray Kimber at Kimber Cable's facility, and finished up with a listening session in Sean's own basement. They do things a bit differently at Zu....they are the "anti-audiophile" audiophiles in a way. Really nice stuff. Not sure if that fits in with your thread here, but I thought I would throw it out there.

HiFiGuy1
07-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Rick,
I don't know exactly what you have in mind, but how about Triad and Audio Control?

2ndRick
07-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Triad, Zektor, AudioControl, NeoPro, ADA, Ethereal/Metra, Leon Speakers, and Middle Atlantic were already done the last time we did it.

So far, I have a verbal from Terra Speakers, Draper, Boulder Amplifiers, and a *maybe* from SOTA Turntables.

I am in talks with many others as well....