PDA

View Full Version : ICM Speaker Compressions

avconnection
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Has anyone used them?

2ndRick
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
We sell a ton of them under the ProConnect brand... Everyone who sees me demonstrate them, buys them...

They WILL pass the tug test, if you use the correct inserts for the size of wire you are terminating...

AHEM
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
We sell a ton of them under the ProConnect brand... Everyone who sees me demonstrate them, buys them...

I haven't bought them yet. :P

flcusat
01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I use them all the time. Love them.

2ndRick
01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I haven't bought them yet. :P
Well, you may not have received them, but trust me you have been invoiced!!

djnorm
01-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I feel stupid for asking, but what in heaven's name is a "Speaker Compression"? A banana plug?

avconnection
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I feel stupid for asking, but what in heaven's name is a "Speaker Compression"? A banana plug?

Compression fitting for speaker cable. Just add banana, pin or spade to complete the package

AHEM
01-18-2007, 10:18 PM

If you're ever in the Chicago area, I know a guy who can give you a great presentation on them.

djnorm
01-19-2007, 06:11 AM
LOL - and I'm sure that my local guy has never heard of them.

Par for the course at AME...

Special-Ed
01-19-2007, 06:46 AM
djnorm...... dont feel bad cuz i dont know what it is either.

ed

avconnection
01-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Look at
http://www.icmcorp.net/Audio_compression_web/web-content/AudioConnector%20Product%20Sheet%20final.pdf

I ordered a few to try out. There at A**D, P-E and seen in the B** catalog

2ndRick
01-21-2007, 09:19 AM
djnorm...... dont feel bad cuz i dont know what it is either.

ed
Ed, I thought that you BOUGHT some of these??
Do you remember standing at the counter and seeing me demo the QuickPort binding post inserts that terminate with the compression tool??...

The compression inserts hold tighter than the set screw type binding post inserts (tug test ensues)... the keystones have an OE fit and finish with Leviton plates that is considerably better than any other third party supplier...
The compression system also includes "splice" connnectors for F, BNC, and RCA which terminate directly to the cabling in the wall, and then press into the hexagonal QuickPort inserts of your color...

Anyone who heard the demo in EGV, heard a variation on this message.

As far as the compression speaker connectors, there are also straight and right-angle plugs that you can use with thread-on banana plugs, pins, spades, etc. to use on the room side of these plates, as well as on receivers, speakers, switchers, etc.

You don't remember discussing this??

aforlano
01-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I use them all the time. I think they give the speaker wires a nice clean 'finished' appearance.

Yeah, I know it's just adding another 'splice' to the line, but for the customer 'wow' factor, they work as promised.

Fred

The8thst
09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I use them all the time. I think they give the speaker wires a nice clean 'finished' appearance.

Yeah, I know it's just adding another 'splice' to the line, but for the customer 'wow' factor, they work as promised.

Fred

I wish I had customers that were wowed that easily.

clinthicum
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I use them for customers who can afford them. But as with most products, they can't be justified for all my clients. They are not cheap, but certainly add two benefits:
- look, wife factor, gold
- ease of plug & play *

* the later benefit is often overlooked, but helpful for folks who may periodically move their speakers when vacuuming, around holidays, etc.

I just wish there was a nice cable boot to slap between the compression fitting and the speaker wire itself. The transition from the back of the connector to the narrow diamater of the speaker wire is pretty steep and looks a little odd.

They are sold as ICM or F-Conn.

Picture: http://www.techtoolsupply.com/ProductImages/adapters/RGSPB_KIT.jpg

avconnection
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
"I just wish there was a nice cable boot to slap between the compression fitting and the speaker wire itself. The transition from the back of the connector to the narrow diamater of the speaker wire is pretty steep and looks a little odd."

I totally agree

ebecker
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
liberty has boots

avconnection
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Liberty is also going to make the speaker compressions, I can't wait. I forgot about there boot.

True I like the ICM stuff, but I like the liberty a littel better.

flyingmachine
09-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Liberty is also going to make the speaker compressions, I can't wait. I forgot about there boot.

True I like the ICM stuff, but I like the liberty a littel better.

Just got the flyer in mail today, I'm ordering up some tomorrow, looks great. All one piece design, unlike the ICM ones?

Dingo Dog
09-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I just wish there was a nice cable boot to slap between the compression fitting and the speaker wire itself. The transition from the back of the connector to the narrow diamater of the speaker wire is pretty steep and looks a little odd.
[/URL]
Under the "Stinger" brand Aamp of America sells some nice boots.