PDA

View Full Version : CCTV Products of Choice?

vwpower44
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
AS times are changing, we find ourselves doing more and more CCTV systems. There are many brands, some I like and some I don't. I was wondering what everyone else was using for

Good B/W Camera (Weatherproof)

Good Day Night Camera (Weatherproof)

Multiplexer

Sequential Switch

DVR

Time Lapse VHS

I personally have used Pelco switches and multiplexers, Silent Witness Cameras, ProVideo Cameras, Samsung Cameras, Samsung Time Lapse, adn Sony Time Lapse.

The Pelco stuff and the Silent Witness stuff is nice, but SW is very pricey. Just wonderng what everyone else is using. Thanks

Mike

Gary
03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
The DVR is easy, Sprite2.

Shadowman68
03-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Stay away from PST, Pacesetter DVR's. Poor service and an even poorer product.

The8thst
03-31-2005, 07:37 AM
For the more advanced systems we use Kalatel for pan/tilt cams and Dedicated Micros for the Sequencer/DVR. The computer utility that enables you to view and operate the cams from over the internet is a great feature, but none of this is inexpensive stuff.

Shadowman68
04-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I had a guy call me today, apparently he has had some death threats and would like his house done up with surveillance cams. He wants his farm done too. All the equipment is stored in an unused portion of a field, no lights around, no power, he is worried the guy is going to sugar the gas tanks on his machinery. There is power that is accessible about 1000ft away, so we could potentially trench it in. My concern is the lighting. The cams I have used with LED night vision dont work worth a crap past 10ft. Anyone use the big IR illuminators? thoughts, problems?
Also has anyone used the video capture cards instead of a DVR? Is this just asking for trouble?