PDA

View Full Version : Is the Advanced Search as lame as I think it is?

tomciara
02-07-2007, 01:40 AM
To eliminate superfluous threads, it's worthwhile to specify that your search word(s) appear in the title only.

I find this does not work at all and returns gobs of useless threads. Same issue at AVS, same software.

Is it me?

jberger
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm with ya Tom, it's hard to get good narrow results from search. But on the brightside, I've found a few unrelated threads that were very helpful on other topics!

flyingmachine
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Instead of turning this thread a "bash IP search features", hopefully it comes off as some constructive comments and ideas to improve it.

I'm sure there is a reason for it, but the one thing that I would like to have changed is allowing us to search for terms that are less than 4 characters. There are a lot of acronyms and company names that are short that everyone refers to, examples: RTI, LG, LCD...

When you do a search for LG LCD, you get no results, because neither of the search terms are larger than 3 characters.

Or the ability to use advanced search tags with say quotation marks to only find these two words together and return a search with them...

Example, search for LG plasma, you get 388 results, basically a combination of all posts that have either "lg" or "plasma" in them. Can we get it so we get only results that have both "lg" and "plasma" together in a post?

avzone
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Or the ability to use advanced search tags with say quotation marks to only find these two words together and return a search with them...

Example, search for LG plasma, you get 388 results, basically a combination of all posts that have either "lg" or "plasma" in them. Can we get it so we get only results that have both "lg" and "plasma" together in a post?

AMEN BROTHA! I couldn't agree more.

tomciara
02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
The software for this web site seems so outstanding - that's why the search seems so out of character compared to everything else.