PDA

View Full Version : Crestron Connected Receiver

Gary
05-08-2014, 03:22 PM
So I did my first Crestron connected receiver and I'm pretty impressed.

All of the issues I had revolved around getting everything setup. The setup instructions walk you through getting the receiver into installer setup mode. To do this there is a combination of buttons you press while the receiver is off. The instructions lead you to believe that this will bring up the installer menu, it does not. It turns the receiver on and when you press the setup button on the remote the Crestron setup option is in the menu. On the next power cycle the setup menu goes back to normal. This took me more time than I care to admit to figure out out, so hopefully this saves you guys some time.

Setting the unit up is just like any other Crestron network device, the unit gets an IP ID and you enter the IP address of the processor. For some reason I couldn't get the receiver to communicate with the processor until I gave it (the receiver) a fixed IP address even though it showed online. YMMV

From a programing stand point it's just like the SWAMP or C2N-AMP-4x100.

The only real problem I had was that there is no listing of what analogs switch which sources, five minutes in debugger and all was well.

In addition I used the zone 2 out to feed the media player to a PAD8 as a music source.

http://youtu.be/ro6f3k3HVY8

This has all been in and working without any complaints for about 2 weeks.

-----Update---- the setup instructions can be found here, http://support.crestron.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5467/kw/avr

MrDigitronic
05-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Gary,

How is the volume tracking feedback compared to when controlling the Denons with serial?

Tha

Fredrik
www.digitronic.us

Gary
05-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Gary,

How is the volume tracking feedback compared to when controlling the Denons with serial?

I have not tried using a slider with it but the feedback seems just as fast and reliable as a SWAMP. I think I'm going to get one of these at home, so ask me again in a few weeks.

PAAI
05-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes, please give some feedback on the volume control. Did you ever pull power on the receiver and see if it came back under control right away?

Gary
05-12-2014, 11:25 AM
It does come back quickly when I load a program, I did not try to power cycle, I'll do that next time I'm on site and report back.

cory
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Do you know if you can use the Core 3 Media Player Object with the Media Player of the AVR? I'm guessing not.

kgossen
05-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Do you know if you can use the Core 3 Media Player Object with the Media Player of the AVR? I'm guessing not.

The sample program from Crestron is using the media player object.

cory
05-12-2014, 01:54 PM
This could be awesome. Finally a simple, cost effective way to give 2-way pandora control. Gotta test this!

Gary
05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I don't see on the symbol any way to use the Media Player from Smartgraphics although it does work well with a standard list for browsing.

kgossen
05-18-2014, 05:46 PM

kgossen
05-18-2014, 06:18 PM
I can confirm it works with the Media Player application.

And works awesome! This is great, being able to use the theater receiver to feed zone 2 and 3 to whole house audio.

kgossen
05-18-2014, 06:49 PM
The Denon Media Player source doesn't work with Media Player Object but the server function does. I can access my music files on my main PC with Windows Media Player shring turned on and the X3000 allowed.

cory
05-28-2014, 04:54 PM
So I did my first Crestron connected receiver and I'm pretty impressed.

All of the issues I had revolved around getting everything setup. The setup instructions walk you through getting the receiver into installer setup mode. .

Where are these instructions you speak of found?

Gary
05-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Where are these instructions you speak of found?

True blue online help.

cory
05-28-2014, 11:10 PM
True blue online help.

Found it. I kept seArching for "Crestron connected" and "Crestron connected reciever".

Turns out it's under "Crestron connered avr"

http://support.crestron.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5467/kw/Crestron%20connected%20Marantz

TonyGolden
05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
The Denon Media Player source doesn't work with Media Player Object but the server function does. I can access my music files on my main PC with Windows Media Player shring turned on and the X3000 allowed.

Where is the CRPC connection on the Simpl symbol? Thanks.

kgossen
05-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Where is the CRPC connection on the Simpl symbol? Thanks.

It's on the Denon Connected AVR UI v1.01.01 to the Media Server Object Router

TonyGolden
05-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Oh, I see now. Thanks.

TonyGolden
05-30-2014, 09:11 AM
The only real problem I had was that there is no listing of what analogs switch which sources, five minutes in debugger and all was well.

Hey Gary, I'm programming for one of these remotely, and can't use Debugger to figure out the inputs. Can you share your list? Thanks!

Gary
05-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey Gary, I'm programming for one of these remotely, and can't use Debugger to figure out the inputs. Can you share your list? Thanks!

I didn't write them down but I also did it remotely, just put a signal on the input name feedback serial output and change the inputs in debugger and you can see the input name.

kgossen
05-30-2014, 11:10 AM
On X3000 in order starting at input 1

CD
Tuner
DVD
BD
TV Audio
CBL/SAT
Media Player
Game
Aux
USB/iPod
Favorites
iRadio
Pandora
SiriusXM
Spotify
Server
Flickr

TonyGolden
05-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Awesome, KG. Thanks!

TonyGolden
05-30-2014, 04:11 PM
I didn't write them down but I also did it remotely, just put a signal on the input name feedback serial output and change the inputs in debugger and you can see the input name.

Yes, I had thought of that, but don't have remote access to the system :-)

PAAI
09-21-2014, 08:20 PM
I added the preamp (AV7701) to the project after fumbling through it,but I have no control. Just trying to power on and off.
After doing the special installer menu dance (left cursor, back and power together), I made it to the menu and selected Crestron Connected. set the IP address, Crestron ID and left the port default. There was no SAVE/ RETURN buttons at the bottom of the marantz screen as shown from Crestron tech notes.
Not sure what to do next.

Gary
09-22-2014, 10:06 AM
I added the preamp (AV7701) to the project after fumbling through it,but I have no control. Just trying to power on and off.
After doing the special installer menu dance (left cursor, back and power together), I made it to the menu and selected Crestron Connected. set the IP address, Crestron ID and left the port default. There was no SAVE/ RETURN buttons at the bottom of the marantz screen as shown from Crestron tech notes.
Not sure what to do next.

The first one I did would not work until I gave the receiver a fixed IP address, not sure why and YMMV.

PAAI
09-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks Gary. I will give it a try when I get home.

PAAI
01-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Having some IP control problems with the new AV7702.
Marantz CI Portal says nothing has changed in the control part on this preamp.
I am going to remove the DNS entrys as instructed on the serial/IP control protocol sheet and see if that helps.
I can get to it with a browser on port 80, but no control from port 23. Serial works fine.

dplanz
02-25-2021, 01:43 PM
As of 2021, Marantz AVRs no longer support Crestron Connected. Specifically, I'm working with an SR7015, but it is apparently an across the product line drop.....