PDA

View Full Version : D-ILA Help

AHEM
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I just sold one of the brand spanking new 61" JVC D-ILA's with the built-in digital tuner & cable card.

Upon hooking it up, I immediately noticed that the picture is skewed about 5 degrees clockwise. I'd rather not go through the hassle of getting a replacement and it seems like it could be solved with a simple adjustment.

The problem is that I don't have the service menu procedure on these. Can anyone help?

lowvoltguy
04-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Please don't tell me there is a problem with what I consider the BEST slim line rear projection TV out there ... I haven't had a single problem with them ... I hope it's a fluke ...

AHEM
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I don't think that it's anything major, and I'm hoping to be able to fix it.

Gary, do you ever get into the service menu on them?

Gary
04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't think that it's anything major, and I'm hoping to be able to fix it.

Gary, do you ever get into the service menu on them?

Sorry, I haven't. I would bet Brad knows. Brad?

AHEM
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks Brad. The mechanical misalignment makes sense. I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens.

AHEM
04-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Well, unfortunately I couldn't find any mechanical adjustments. I was able to get into the service menu, but without the service manual I couldn't really do anything.

A crosshatch pattern shows that the display has some pretty bad geometry problems.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Send the TV back? Order a service manual? Try to find a tech?

AHEM
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I tend to agree with the broken accessment. By geometry problems I mean that aside from the picture tilting to the right, there's also pin cusioning at the top, bottom and sides.

I'm used to dealing with CRTs, which have adjustments for all of that stuff, but apparently this one doesn't

AHEM
04-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Udpate on the story:

I wound up exchanging the set and the new one works just fine. JVC concurred that the problem that I was experincing was not easily field servicable.