PDA

View Full Version : B&K CK1.2 question

mr2channel
01-30-2005, 11:32 PM
can these keypads be used as stand alone units or do they require associated B&K gear? and do they have a built in IR receiver, if so is it CFL or plasma friendly, and can a zone IR receiver be connected to it? looking into getting these for personal use, can these be gotten through distribution, or just dealership? if only through dealership, anyone interested in a little B-B trade?

Thanks in advance

Trey

Gary
01-31-2005, 12:20 AM
can these keypads be used as stand alone units or do they require associated B&K gear? and do they have a built in IR receiver, if so is it CFL or plasma friendly, and can a zone IR receiver be connected to it? looking into getting these for personal use, can these be gotten through distribution, or just dealership? if only through dealership, anyone interested in a little B-B trade?

Thanks in advance

Trey

Trey, yes they can act as stand alone keypads, they are basicly in wall MX700s. You would just hook up power, ground, and signal.

It does have a built it IR receiver, but it is not plasma friendly.

Only available to direct dealers. I think there are several B&K dealers on the board, so getting one for presonal use should not be a problem.

We are a dealer, but don't stock this, if no one else will help you out let me know.

mr2channel
01-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks Gary, I was actually interested in it because it functions like the mx-700 (keeps things wife friendly) as with all the products we deal with, does this keypad have any quirky limitations, and/or any really cool capabilities.
also could you shoot me an email as to what I would expect to see as far as "cost" goes.

Thanks

Trey

Brijaws
01-31-2005, 06:36 AM
We are delaers and stock the peices. Post in the verrifed forums if you require a peice shipped.

Kelly
01-31-2005, 08:00 AM
We are delaers and stock the peices. Post in the verrifed forums if you require a peice shipped.

There's a "verified" forum again?

Brijaws
01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes. Doesnt anyone READ the main page? www.integrationpros.com - Big BLUE BOX.

The8thst
01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
There's a main page???!!!

Mr2channel: Have you looked into the Sonance K2 keypads at all?

I use B&K CT600's for most of the house music and video distribution, but I ALWAYS pair the system with the K2 in-wall keypads.
These are completely stand-alone kps with an IR receiver, touch panel, tactile buttons (the units now ship with a bag of about 25 different button membranes that you can change out to get the buttons to say exactly what you want).
The keypads even do power sensing and keypad syncing if more than one is in the same zone.

Program these with the B&K 128 codeset and you only have to write one program for an entire house. Very cool....
Oh, and I can get you the 1.2's if you need as well, just PM me.

tomciara
02-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I love the K2 keypads. Do you prefer them over the B&K's?

=Tom

The8thst
02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I love the combination of K2 keypads with B&K CT line of whole house components.

To my eye the B&K CK1.2 keypad looks very ugly. It is all cluttered with buttons that you really don't need and the lcd display is hard to read because the text is small and thin.

Thats why I always use the K2.

Gary
02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
We to use the K2 as an entry level controler for the CT. This is a very nice IR keypad, and if you've programed an RTI remote, you know how to use the software.

roddymcg
02-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I have had great experiences with the CK 1.2's and the CT 610. I have never used the keypad as a stand alone so I cannot comment on that. Very easy to program and reliable, I have a project with 12 keypads throughout the house and the client and I are very happy with the look and functionality of the keypads.

Roddy

Glackowitz
05-06-2005, 09:15 AM
The CK 1.2 is not numeric KP friendly...on the buttons you get 0-9 now where should I put the enter button...oh yeah...page 2. End user forgets its there and by the time they figure it out device has ignored the numeric input and gone to where it was before you tried to control it.

And they are a bit Fugly... kinda thick on the wall.

I am going to look at the Sonance K2

Caffeinated
05-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I've done quite a few B&K CT systems.
I'm a big fan of URC's MX-editor I think it is a pretty damn good program - especially when ya get it down.

This thread had me looking at the K2 keypad - I like the looks and the touch screen --- but the program to program it seems pretty weak.

Do you have to select a device and code for each button / macro step ? -- or can you set devices so there are only the codes available for the gear you are using?

Hope you can understand my question.
Thanks in advance - C Hyde

Gary
05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I've done quite a few B&K CT systems.
I'm a big fan of URC's MX-editor I think it is a pretty damn good program - especially when ya get it down.

This thread had me looking at the K2 keypad - I like the looks and the touch screen --- but the program to program it seems pretty weak.

Do you have to select a device and code for each button / macro step ? -- or can you set devices so there are only the codes available for the gear you are using?

Hope you can understand my question.
Thanks in advance - C Hyde

I'm not sure I understand your question, the K2 does not use the device paradigm making it somewhat different than the HTM stuff.

The8thst
05-25-2005, 07:36 AM
The software is much more flexible than the HTM software editors. With the K2 you tell it exactly what codes you want each button to send out, no devices per se.

I don't really understand your question though, sorry.

Theaterworks
05-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I too am more comfortable with the Lexicon/RTI derived K2 programming, and think you can do more with it. The CK 1.2 is a good unit, and reliable, but there are times when you want less than it has in terms of buttons, and the K2 fills the bill. Plus, there are a great many times when a double gang keypad either will not fit or is not right for the decor of the room.

Gary
05-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Something else to keep in mind with the CT310/610/600 is with video distribution most zones will be controled with some kind of handheld remote. Even though we sell both Crestron and Sonance, most zones are controled with a RTI T1.

Caffeinated
06-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I too am more comfortable with the Lexicon/RTI derived K2 programming, and think you can do more with it. The CK 1.2 is a good unit, and reliable, but there are times when you want less than it has in terms of buttons, and the K2 fills the bill. Plus, there are a great many times when a double gang keypad either will not fit or is not right for the decor of the room.

I hope to try a CT system with the sonance keypads in the near future.

They do seem like they program up pretty easy.

But just a note in responce to your double-gang issue - B&K will have a single gang CK1.1 that is supposed to be out latter this summer.

Thanx - c hyde