PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Mounts

lowvoltguy
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
What is everybody using? ... I've got a Sanus fixed in my home setup (didn't see a need to use a tilt since it's not mounted up high) ... I've got to say this the easiest mount I've ever used ... My wife and I put it up :lol:

Shadowman68
04-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Best one I have used is the Vantage Point UFO. Install took about 1/2 hour. Mount the brackets to the wall then the plasma, the plasma then hooks on to the brackets at the bottom, plug in the wires and tilt it up. handy dandy.
http://www.vanptc.com/lcdflat/ufo.htm

lowvoltguy
04-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Best one I have used is the Vantage Point UFO. Install took about 1/2 hour. Mount the brackets to the wall then the plasma, the plasma then hooks on to the brackets at the bottom, plug in the wires and tilt it up. handy dandy.
http://www.vanptc.com/lcdflat/ufo.htm

1/2 hour by yourself (I had similar results with the Sanus)??? ... or with the wife helping??? :wink: ... Can anybody else say their wife helped hang their plasma??? :wink: ... Seriously, me and one other sales rep hung a plasma for a builder (ergh!) on a Sanus tilt mount in about a half hour last Friday ... See, not all sales reps are useless :wink: ...

tomciara
04-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Omni Mount U3F fixed and U3T for tilt are super easy. Sanus articulating seems to be a good one...

djnorm
04-14-2005, 06:10 AM
We're pretty much all Chief all the time... Omni for the smaller LCD's

whdigital
04-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Chief and Sanus here, but I must agree - the Sanus flat mount is one of the easiest I have ever come across. It's got a plethora of holes so stud location is not really an issue and the lateral shift inherent is like 6" so no worries about exact center. It even has some vertical shift on the panel brakets (although that needs to be figured ahead of time). It is economical at $150 or so retail, so I keep one on the truck all the time!

The VMPL2 is fixed flat OR fixed 5 deg. tilt. The VMPL is variable tilt. Absolutely brilliant design IMHO!

lonny
04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
we only use sanus here... quick and easy install... I also have to say i like the volges one to, they are just a pain to set up...

Lonny

vwpower44
04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Peerless for atriculating and slim fixed. Omni-mount for small LCD, and Da-lite for tilt.

Mike

ejfiii
04-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Peerless here too.

Considering the Omnis for flats though.

aforlano
04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Howdy guys! New to this forum, and boy, am I glad I found it!

We've been using Peerless for a while, but recenly switched to Chief. I like them because of their slimmer profile, and seem MUCH more flexible. We've run into some issues with Peerless (some soft metal, some poor design) that had us looking for a replacement.

Omni for anything under 24"

Regards,

Fred Forlano
Higher Definition

OEX
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
[Can anybody else say their wife helped hang their plasma??? :

My wife showed up the other day. i wanted her to connect a single component cable- i said blue to blue green to greeen red to red. She said Huhhhh? You f$$$ing do it