PDA

View Full Version : InFocus ScreenPlay 61md10 RPTV

monty
04-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Has anyone installed this TV? I'm wondering why the price dropped from $8999 at CEDIA last September to $4999 just a few weeks ago. There isn't a whole lot of literature/review material out there on this product. The stuff I've read have offered fairly average reviews of the unit.

Does anyone have any experience with installing this unit??

Thanks

w_home-tech
04-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I haven't seen one of these units, but, a lot of Inf*cus products have dropped in price as they're replaced by newer units.

For example, on an X1-2 (or something like that), the retail in September was $1700. Now, you can buy it off of InF*cus's website for $799

aforlano
04-16-2005, 08:30 AM
I just installed my 2nd one yesterday. I love the set myself, and at the price, it's a plasma-killer. $5k for 61" hung on a wall works for most customers who can't justify $7500 for 50"....and now that Panasonics are going to drop to $5k for their 50", InFocus had to follow suit or die with a bunch of unsold inventory. That's why the price dropped.

I'll post some pics in a few days.

Regards

Fred Forlano
Higher Definition

sihrig
04-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Have a client that just ordered two 61" and two 50" sets from me. Here is the pisser. Going through AVAD...... they give me prices on both units so I draw up a bid...... bid accepted and Inf*cus has not even released a 50" unit yet, AVAD didn't even let me know this problem. Thnx a**holes. What is up with 1) giving a price to your dealers with no product availability about, and 2) WHy cant InF*cus get a 50 tv right. What is the huge difference between the two. DUHHHH. Just wanted to vent. Will let you know whenever I see the units IF I haven't lost my clients by then.

Oh by the way...........................

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH INFOCUS FOR MAKING ME DO THE JUSTIFICATION FOR YOUR SHORT_COMINGS. I will be so glad when this whole thing gets over with and I will never have to count on InFocus delivering product again. From this day on they are " kicked to the curb."

Higher Definition: I chatted with you on the horn today....AK... thank you for the info on the rep. I will be chatting with him tomorrow. Till then take care and tell your "buddie" hello from me. Best of success

avzone
04-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh by the way...........................

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH INFOCUS FOR MAKING ME DO THE JUSTIFICATION FOR YOUR SHORT_COMINGS. I will be so glad when this whole thing gets over with and I will never have to count on InFocus delivering product again. From this day on they are " kicked to the curb."

OK, what did I miss? Wasn't AVAD the one that mislead you as to availability? I don't see where InFocus is the issue. How many companies can you name that MARKET a product before release? Mmmmm...All of them?

FWIW, I'd say your AVAD rep needs an Ass Chewin'. :) I love our AVAD rep. He sings like a bird. He's always kept us well informed. Sorry you're going through this.

Anonymous
04-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah maybe I should contact my rep at AVAD and make sure he can;t sit down for a day or two. Just upset that is is. Hate explaning "mishaps" to my client you know?

Greg_C
06-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Was looking at the 61 for a client who's wife choked on the price of a 61 plasma. If the price on my local AVAD is correct, there is no point in offering it, as there is no markup after you figure shipping & delivery.