PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Makeover Super System

vwpower44
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I really cannot stand this show. My fiancee loves it and unfortunately I have to watch it. Did anyone see the AV system they put in the house this Sunday? It was three sony HTIB's with four of the 4" subs in a cabinet under the TV, four of the small sony cube speakers for the right, four for the center, and so on. They also had three receivers running all of the speakers in the room. I couldn't help but laugh. It was an excelent design. :?

Mike

djnorm
04-17-2005, 11:34 PM
That's what you get when you get your stereo at Sears!

On an early show, they had a 'real' theater/media room... Drop-down screen, automated curtains.. the whole schlemiel... I wondered how they did that in a day... :roll:

Shadowman68
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Anyone see the one with the autistic kid? The security in that place was cool. They sewed a transceiver into the kids underwear so whenever he walked out the door red strobes started going off in the house so the deaf parents would know about it. Key coded doors, sureveillance cams, looked like a pretty intense job to do in a week.

ejfiii
04-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I remember one of the first ones last year had a sony plasma and dream system.

All 5 dream speakers were on the shelf below the plasma.

Must have sounded dreamy.

I did come across some guys website a while ago who said he did the electroincs in one of the shows. No specifics though other than a few pictures of the guy and Ty.

ejfiii
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
LOL! I don't know Wesley other than what I have read here and at RC. But I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw his name on one of the articles in the new Residential Systems magazine. Haven't read it yet though...

Oh, it does say he is one of the members of some new standards creating board of this and that.

w_home-tech
04-20-2005, 06:37 PM
you'll never get through to people like that. Those are the types of dumbasses who think Blose is good.

sharrison
08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
The show that was done in KC, everything was donated for free with hardly any advertising giving back to the companies who furnished the equipment and labor for free.

So is it worth putting in an above average system for free with NO advertising, beside the bragging rights that you did the house.

Shawn

mr2channel
08-13-2005, 03:31 PM
The show that was done in KC, everything was donated for free with hardly any advertising giving back to the companies who furnished the equipment and labor for free.

So is it worth putting in an above average system for free with NO advertising, beside the bragging rights that you did the house.

Shawn

sounds like a loosing proposition to me...and why would anyone want to brag about a crap install like that, hell I have told customers that I will "fix" the install that their low ball trunk slammer did, but they are sworn not to tell anyone that I had anything to do with the project.

sharrison
08-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Factory Direct put in the system in KC, I think it was a decent system not an HTIB I believe. By any means am I defending what they are doing. I don't think it was a very smart business move.

Pilgrim
08-17-2005, 12:23 AM
Some advertising!

I would never want to have my name associated with a 'project' that they usually provide!

Granted, they have had a couple of challenges but, most are lame,DIY caliber systems!

It reminds me of the "flat screen surround systems" on Monster House!(yeah,I watch it ;-)

I can think of better ways to get your name out!

Shadowman68
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey I love that show. Ever seen the 4x4 monster golf cart? I want that bad boy. I Live for pissing off the blue haired bed wetters at my course.

georgep
08-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Is this "Super System" a separte show or part of ABC's "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition"?