PDA

View Full Version : PVRs

Gary
04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok I'm at the end of my rope with ReplayTV. So does anyone have an opinion on the Dish Network PVRs?

The8thst
04-18-2005, 07:50 PM
I have had a job with 2 DVR510's from Dish that have worked well. If I remember correctly their aren't any working discretes for it.

The recorded programs do look horrible, but other than that they have been pretty uneventful for close to a year.

Greg_C
04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Both Dishes PVR's and DirecTV's Tivos are easier to control than an ad on unit like Replay or a standalone Tivo.

mr2channel
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok I'm at the end of my rope with ReplayTV. So does anyone have an opinion on the Dish Network PVRs?

Just curious, whats your beef with the Replay units? I was considering getting one b/c of the component vid out vs. Tivo's S-Vid only,(no not going HD yet, too $$$$).

Gary
04-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Just curious, whats your beef with the Replay units? I was considering getting one b/c of the component vid out vs. Tivo's S-Vid only,(no not going HD yet, too $$$$).

I love Replay and have two at home, it is the best of the PVRs I have used. The problem is when paired with Dish Network if you try to change to a channel you don't subscribe to, it goes to a Dish error screen and the Replay can no longer change channels. To clear the error screen you must use the Dish remote. Of cource Replay always adds any new channels to the guide exacerbating the problem. Most smart clients can fix this on thier own but this has caused me more service calls than I can stand. I'm done.