PDA

View Full Version : VCR with Discrete Power and Channel # Display

kplummer
04-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey guys, I am having a bit of a problem with a client of mine. They are looking to create their idea of an absolute dummy proof system for their rental condo and have a plasma that we are using a VCR to do cable tuning with. My problem is that the Sony VCR we put in (750) does not display channel numbers when you channel up or down or enter them in manually. Seems like all the new Sony VCRs are working like this. If I hit display then the number pops up for a sec and then disappears like the clients wants the system to work but there is the tape speed display bar at the bottom of the screen that never goes away.... ugh....

Does anyone know of a current make/model VCR that has discrete power commands that also displays the channel numbers when you channel up or down and displays the numbers as you manually enter them? Please, I want this guy and my boss out of my hair, I have way to many more pressing matters to attend to than a VCR.

Jerry
04-23-2005, 04:05 PM
JVC
I know the S-VHS series will do this.

w_home-tech
04-23-2005, 05:43 PM
all the JVC's do this...

i had the same situation.. a plasma in a rental condo, and a cable box tht didn't show numbers (or have on/off commands)

The JVC saved the day

kplummer
04-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks a ton guys. Save me from having to drive all over town and getting blank stares from the big box guys on whether the VCR has discretes...