PDA

View Full Version : D-Tools

Anonymous
04-23-2005, 09:41 PM
So...who uses D-Tools and how's it working out for you?

Gary
04-23-2005, 10:05 PM

Love it. Best money I ever spent.

PAAI
04-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Gary, which Rev are you using? I am on 2.5 pro. I might do an upgrade when they have a perfectly working Autocad version. I doubt it will be in my career lifetime.

Gary
04-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Gary, which Rev are you using? I am on 2.5 pro. I might do an upgrade when they have a perfectly working Autocad version. I doubt it will be in my career lifetime.

Just upgraded to SI4.

avzone
04-25-2005, 09:26 PM

If/when you get verified, navigate to the link below and you'll see most of the IP members who use D-Tools, the version, and how long they've been a user.

http://www.integrationpros.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=171

idodishez
05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
The link didnt work. Did I do sumn wrong?

Gary
05-20-2005, 04:23 PM
The link didnt work. Did I do sumn wrong?

You need to be a verified member, verified status is for pros only no DIYer's or hobbiest. Look at the home page for more info.

Glackowitz
07-26-2005, 10:11 AM
We had Dtools for about a year now and never really used it. So we killed it and now moving on, we are only a 5 man show and dont have the time to spend several hours a day on it to keep it running or hundreds of extra dollars a month to keep throwing at it

To Bad looks like a killer application but just not for us...not yet anyway, when we grow a bit larger we might bring it back into play

avzone
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
That's to bad. So far I'm loving 4.5 much better.

1. Managing your data is much more user friendly.
2. Projects are stored by client's name and then the project name, so all projects for Mr. Smith are in his client folder.
3. Although I haven't used it yet, SI 4.5 Professional users have the option to launch into AutoCAD now. Keep in mind this is only if you have Autodesk AutoCAD 2005 or 2006 Full.
4. "Project Manager" has been added to the Staff Type drop-down list.
5. The Reports window has been modified and is much more user friendly.
6. HUGE! Now you can SEE 8O ALL of the specific model data from the Partners (free) as you could with Non-Partners and export it to an "Unapproved Data" CSV to modify and then import into D-Tools. THANK GOD!
7. There is a new method for creating stencils for a New Category you may have added to your database. All you have to do is select the shapes you want associated with the Category from a drop down list and you're done. I love this!

Anyway, as I get more into the improvements, I'll pass them on so you know what to expect when it's released.

nholmes
07-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Interesting, I have been out in the field the past few months helping get through the crunch time and will soon be able to spend some quality time with Si4.X now. Will definitely have to check into the CSV file option.

Cybermation
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Any chance someone has successfully installed Dtools onto their local drive that wasn't C drive? My install fails and DTools can't seem to do it either.
I really don't want to redo my PC to rename the hard drive from H: to C:
....I don't know why it was built and configured as H: rather than C:, but that's now water under the bridge.
Tom

motech
09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
why is it so complicated to get verified ?

anyone else find it weird how much personal info they require ?
im an installer, check out my website !!!

http://www.technologistinc.com/

def90
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
why is it so complicated to get verified ?

anyone else find it weird how much personal info they require ?
im an installer, check out my website !!!

http://www.technologistinc.com/

Maybe that's the problem.. :o

I believe Matt does the verifying and he is busy running a business..

motech
09-23-2008, 01:04 PM
approve me!!!

Avid67
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
We are using the latest D-Tools and are quite pleased with it. I think the best benefit besides getting quotes out faster has been the labor calculations. We have always left out many of the true labor costs that are not readily apparent. It amazes me at how much we left on the table and what the actual costs are. Our proposals are more professional looking and help to sell the job.
It is not without flaws however. I would like to get dimensions and power consumption reports out of D-Tools to simplify the needs to the millwork and electrical contractors.

J.Azaria
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Any chance someone has successfully installed Dtools onto their local drive that wasn't C drive? My install fails and DTools can't seem to do it either.
I really don't want to redo my PC to rename the hard drive from H: to C:
....I don't know why it was built and configured as H: rather than C:, but that's now water under the bridge.
Tom

Hey Tom,

I don't know that you did or didn't get your answer so hth.

I remember reading (probably on a DT forum) that this cannot be done. This is because there are areas of the DT code where the C: path is hardcoded into the software. I imagine that will change for the 6.0 branch but I think it's a fact of life for the 5.xx branches. This info was current as of DT 5 SP3.

hth

EclipseHA
04-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok guys, so I'm waiting for my validation to go through and have a couple of questions. The main reason I joined this forum (even the reason I found it in the first place) was I just got my first D-Tools version and am learning it pretty quickly. Oh, and a quick comment to the guy who didn't use D-tools because they are only a 5 man operation. I actually think that this program makes up for the lack of man power. We have only been in business for a couple of weeks and D-tools was my main pre-requisite. Ok, so now to the question.

I have server installed and running on my machine. We all work out of our home offices but none of them in the same building. Does anyone know how we can make these systems work together with the program without setting up a VPN (has proved more difficult than I had imagined)? Any help would do.

Thanks a lot!!

kgossen
05-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Ok guys, so I'm waiting for my validation to go through and have a couple of questions. The main reason I joined this forum (even the reason I found it in the first place) was I just got my first D-Tools version and am learning it pretty quickly. Oh, and a quick comment to the guy who didn't use D-tools because they are only a 5 man operation. I actually think that this program makes up for the lack of man power. We have only been in business for a couple of weeks and D-tools was my main pre-requisite. Ok, so now to the question.

I have server installed and running on my machine. We all work out of our home offices but none of them in the same building. Does anyone know how we can make these systems work together with the program without setting up a VPN (has proved more difficult than I had imagined)? Any help would do.

Thanks a lot!!

using Hamachi from my laptop and home office. Works great especially with S5.5.

bluemanta
05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Hey Tom,

I don't know that you did or didn't get your answer so hth.

I remember reading (probably on a DT forum) that this cannot be done. This is because there are areas of the DT code where the C: path is hardcoded into the software. I imagine that will change for the 6.0 branch but I think it's a fact of life for the 5.xx branches. This info was current as of DT 5 SP3.

hth

If this is correct, then perhaps Tom could create a small partition out of the H drive and name it C