PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic IP camera -trouble

kevinK
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
KX-HCM10

Over the weekend I replaced a couple of hubs with a switch at a small shop.
Everything went well except the IP cameras didn't find their way out to the ViewNetcam site...

I figured I needed to reset to defaults and go through the set up one more time. Since I did not put these cameras in myself, I dont have the install disc, and the customer does not have a clue where it could be.

I searched over the weekend and found the BBKX - net cam easy confi program.

I launched the program and enter in the MAC address (disconnect the other three from the switch) and press enter. It comes up and says it will assign 192.168.1.253. After a few moments, the web page comes up with "file not found".

I've checked the cabling, connected my computer and the camera on a seperate hub off the main network, but I still can't get it to talk.

My next step is a crossover cable directly to the camera (I think I read that in the manual).

Any other thoughts of things I can try. Am I using the correct software to configure?

edit: Fix the problem. The default address after initializing is 192.168.0.253. So, you need to switch your local computers IP address, then log in, change the network setting, etc.

Tech support was wonderful... 5 minutes hold time, and over an hour of step by step walking through. Thumbs up for them