PDA

View Full Version : CEDIA PM boot camp

Gary
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Has anyone gone through the CEDIA project management boot camp? Was it worth it?

rhm9
05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
I've been through the "project management for owners" 1 day seminar and it was very good. It has been skimmed down to three hours last I saw.

AVDude has done the whole thing and told me it was well worth it for him. I'd PM him for soem extra info.. IF HE EVER CHECKS IT!!!

roddymcg
05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I went to the 2 -day version at EHX here in Los Angeles last November taught by Kieth Cottrell, I think it was about a day too long. It was informative and it put a few things about PM into prospective.

Like I said, it was 2 days and it cost me 2 days of pay plus the $300 or so dollars that I paid for the class. Kieth seemed to know his stuff and we got to hear a few war stories and some costly mistakes some have made as well so good ideas to look for and note.

I also have to the ability to hear war stories and learn about those things right here and at remotecentral. So the best I can give it is mixed reviews.

I still have all the binders floating around here if you want/need any additional information.

Roddy

Glackowitz
05-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I was at the CEDIA Management conference in San Antonio last month, it was a pretty awsome gathering, Lots of meeting with other companies to learn new ideas and share ideas.

I would love to go again next year, got some good info on improving our weak areas. And it was Jeremy's(from speakercraft) Birthday and what a great time we had.