PDA

View Full Version : Russound setup

flcusat
05-25-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm working on a project right now where there are installed three CAV6.6 with a ST2 Tuner. They are connected through RNET and the ST2 was programmed as a peripheral. The ST2 has 4 bank of presets programmed out of the 6 available. The problem is that when you press channel up and down in the keypads the ST2 scrolls through the presets in a particular bank. and there is nothing programmed to switch banks. The question is, Is there any way to make possible to scroll through all the presets stored in the different banks without the need of programming a button to toggle the different banks? Is there a way to import hex codes into the PC Power Tool or the only way to create an IR file is learning the codes at the CAV6.6? Apparently in order to make RNET devices to communicate properly the command type has to be selected as peripheral but I couldn't find any code that would switch banks. Can I learned the codes for the ST2 from the supplied remote and create an IR file to control the ST2 and still have the RNET feedback at the keypads?

PAAI
05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Do they call you "mr. Cleanup" guy lately?

The8thst
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I think if you press and hold channel + or - it will toggle through the banks.

Been a looooong time though, so I could be wrong.

fortifi
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
We installed a CAV6.6 system 3+ years ago... I have the PC Power Tool software version 1.0.1.5 and am wondering if anyone knows if there's a later version (I'd think so) and if so how I go about obtaining it. Or maybe I can just stick with this version. An update doesn't seem to be available for download from Russound. I'm not thinking about getting back into Russound big time, but am considering adding a couple zones to an existing system just for the fun of it... :D

Kelly
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Which keypads are on the system?

If they are the single gang (S1) version you cannot change banks.

fortifi
03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I only got a brief look, but they're 2-gang.... UNO-2?

adigitaljohn
03-21-2008, 06:04 AM
If the programing is completed correctly, the R-Net cables installed correctly, this should work. Set all your Banks and Presets on the ST tuner, i.e. Bank 1- 50's, 60's 70's 80's, etc.

On the UNO-S2 use the + and - buttons to scroll through presets, hold down the right and left arrows to scroll through the banks. Should also work using same buttons on remote. Make sure you are on correct source (bottom buttons).